EIC RSS Feeds

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Hey, can someone please tell me how to RSS feeds works with EIC? Like will I get an update every time somebody posts in a thread I posted in?

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
Hey, can someone please tell me how to RSS feeds works with EIC? Like will I get an update every time somebody posts in a thread I posted in?
I believe you just edit your "subscriptions" in the UserCP panel

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
The main feed is HERE.

I'm not sure if you can RSS-subscribe to specific forum areas / sections. I would like to see that feature if it is not in place :)

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Thanks, Patrick. It only has the homepage news not forum updates. O well.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Trying to fix the main feed, but will definitely look into forum feeds. Today shall be RSS feed day at EIC.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
When post to the thread, before you hit submit, scroll down to "Additional Options" and select "instant email notification".

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Damn you're on the ball!

That would be a superb feature I reckon :)
I'm tryin'. My goal is to have things fixed before I leave for CES next week. At the pace I'm on, it doesn't look very good.:sick:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
It was turned on, but you would have to click in the browser to subscribe. There are RSS feed icons next to each category. Not very elegant, but it works (I think:sick:).

Let me know if this is working for you guys. I'll see what I can do to reduce the offensive amount of orange that's invaded the forums.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
It was turned on, but you would have to click in the browser to subscribe. There are RSS feed icons next to each category. Not very elegant, but it works (I think:sick:).

Let me know if this is working for you guys. I'll see what I can do to reduce the offensive amount of orange that's invaded the forums.
Lmao, thanks a lot Chris!
Lets see how this works. :cool:

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
How would I add this to an RSS reader on my iPhone?
Like if I wanted to add the Off Topic feeds.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Trying to fix the main feed, but will definitely look into forum feeds. Today shall be RSS feed day at EIC.
What is this Chris!?....wooorw - RSS feeds on treads!?...looking great, and thank you for the great job you and your team are doing for us!

The best from me

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
How would I add this to an RSS reader on my iPhone?
Like if I wanted to add the Off Topic feeds.
You could either type the feed address into your RSS reader of choice. I personally use Google Reader for iPhone, so whatever I create online, I'm able to read via Reader on the iPhone.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com

Works great for me, and I don't think it looks bad either. I know others may not agree, but I love being able to subscribe to specific sections this way (I spend too much time in RSS readers I guess).

Thanks so much Chris!

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm using the "Pro RSS Reader" on my iPhone, and this app can import OPML...is there anyway I can use this on EIC?

I have tried using this without any luck (I copy the feed address and insert it..)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm using the "Pro RSS Reader" on my iPhone, and this app can import OPML...is there anyway I can use this on EIC?

I have tried using this without any luck (I copy the feed address and insert it..)
How many feeds do you already subscribe to? I only ask because if you're fairly new to it, I strongly suggest just going with Google Reader. You can export an .opml file from it, add feeds easily, use it just as happily on desktop and iPhone - and it's THE standard, so it has hooks out and in from just about everywhere ....