EIP over EDGE is Awesome

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Gotta hand it to you Chris, I do a lot of EDGE browsing, 236megs downloaded this week, and this site just screams over an EDGE connection.

Once the images are cached, the performance is practically wifi quality with full bars. Unbelievable.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I agree it runs great.

My only tip would be to make the forums page as your "favorite" because the main page can be kind of slow to load.
I just go straight here and it's super fast.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
This site just works great on EDGE; however it would be great if the page where the 'new post' or 'reply' can be improved. These pages are kinda slow. Not sure if anything can be done to make these pages faster.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks for all the compliments. This site in particular (when compared to the other 'everything' sites) has a number of things working in it's favor with regards to hardware and webserver software. The server configuration was selected to prevent the forums from going down during heavy usage (ie. release, price drop day, 1.1.1 update) and the speed just happens to be an added benefit.

Thanks for noticing!

-Chris

p.s. - now I completely jinxed the site. Expect some downtime in the next few days.:p

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Thanks for all the compliments. This site in particular (when compared to the other 'everything' sites) has a number of things working in it's favor with regards to hardware and webserver software. The server configuration was selected to prevent the forums from going down during heavy usage (ie. release, price drop day, 1.1.1 update) and the speed just happens to be an added benefit.

Thanks for noticing!

-Chris

p.s. - now I completely jinxed the site. Expect some downtime in the next few days.:p
Thanks much for your efforts