Element case robbed me !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doble D, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Doble D

Doble D New Member

I ordered the case back in november and received it on the 26. After using it for a few days, the case dropped my bars immediately. So on December 2, I returned the case VIA USPS with a tracking #. They received it on the 6th. Since then I havnt received any emails regarding my cash refund which their websites clearly says they give fully refunds of product returned correctly. Has this happened to anybody ? If yes, please tell me what to do because they don't even have a contact #. Thanks

2. Bikestyle

Bikestyle New Member

Issue a charge back if you used a credit card.

3. jpeyatt

jpeyatt Member
    Bronze

Or dispute it on paypal, if payed via paypal

4. Doble D

Doble D New Member

True, never crossed my mind. I have sent them multiple emails and never a reply !

5. elementsupport

elementsupport New Member

Hello Dobled78. I am a representative of Element Case, Inc. Customer Support. I sent you a private message yesterday with my personal email address. Please email me immediately with your order details so we can make this right. We apologize for all the problems. Thanks.

6. Doble D

Doble D New Member

7. elementcasesucks

elementcasesucks New Member

Aweful Company

Element Case customer service contact info phone number: (650) 486-1353

Kills reception.
    They won't respond to your emails about returning the case.
    They will censor you if you post anything that isn't shining praise of their product.
    Better Business Bureau Rating: F
    http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/businesss-reviews/computers-supplies-and-parts/element-case-in-belmont-ca-365742

Independent study confirming signal problem:
    http://video.gearlive.com/video/article/elementcase-vapor-4-iphone-4-antenna-q310/

Element case admitting problems with the case:

8. elementsupport

Element Case Support

Hello again Dobled78, this is Element Case Support. On January 7th, we sent you a private message via this website. However, you did not respond to that message and our request for detailed information about your order. So we were not able to address your problem. Today, after being notified of your most recent post, we sent you another email, this time to your gmail address. Please respond to us with your order details so we can try and resolve this issue. Thank you.

9. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Element cases suck. They have been proven to reduce signal by 99%

10. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I knew that some cases adversely effect signal strength, but I was unaware that this brand really effects it so badly. Thanks for the heads up. I'll stay away from this brand for sure!

11. elementsupport

Element Case Support

Please take a look at our new iPhone 4 case for AT&T customers...

http://www.elementcase.com/vapor-pro.html

Element Case, Inc. offers a 90 day product warranty, and a 30 day product gaurantee. If you want to return your case for any reason, including reception issues, you may do so within 30 days from date of purchase. And if you experience any product malfunction or manufacturing defect within 90 days from date of purchase, we will repair or replace the defective product.

Regarding reception issues (RF signal strength), the overwhelming majority of our customers experience minimal or no decrease in signal strength. And those that do experience problems are usually located in U.S. cities where AT&T signal strength is notoriously poor and / or unreliable (eg. San Francisco, Portland). And we receive very few complaints from customers outside the U.S. regarding reception issues.

Element Case Support is still waiting for Dobled78 to email us with his order details so we can take care of his problem. Until that happens, we have no way to resolve his issues. We are very disappointed that we have not been given the opportunity by Dobled78 to make things right.

12. kyleplusitunes

Silver

Sure is a sweet looking case, too bad the price is absurd.

13. IllusionEntity

Gold

Jesus. No one wants your overpriced crap

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Why not let the company try to resolve the issue with the OP and stop with the ridiculous drive-by bashing?

15. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Uncalled for. I think they look really nice.

16. IllusionEntity

Gold

I will stop bashing when they stop selling awful cases for $150.

17. IllusionEntity

Gold

Yes look nice. But for $150 you could buy like 5 great cases. Better than this probably.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think your other post was worded a bit strongly, though. There's no need to jump in and pile on the company rep while he's trying to resolve an issue involving another user.

19. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I am sure that they are a good company, especially if the rep is on here trying to make things right, but I have to agree that the price is super steep. I'll pay good money for something that is worth is, but an aluminum band for the iPhone at such a high price is a bit ridiculous to me. I'm waiting for the lifeproof case. Military specs on 2 meter drop tests, and water proof to 2.2 meters. And it's price is $10 cheaper than the elements starting price.

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think you've stated your opinion already.