Element Sector 5 Gunmetal Case (off eBay)

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Josh Yates, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Well...I thought I'd post pics of my new Element Sector 5 case here. It's a fake, but it's a GOOD fake. Got it on Ebay for about $28.

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

2. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Looks good. Does it work properly (no signal interference)?

3. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I'm not noticing any....I typically get 4-5 bars around work/home...sometimes three...and I'm good! Don't do the actual number...if I do notice anything, I'll check it at that point.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nice. (y) So it was sold as a replica? If so, that's pretty impressive. It might be an authentic one that just had a flaw. I have a standard edition silver (with silver screws and clear spacers). The only difference I could see is that your lock button is sticking out a bit farther than mine. It could just be the angle on the picture though. Does the lock button feel loose or have any play?

That carbon fiber backplate didn't come with it, right?

5. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

The seller didn't say it was a replica, but any Element Case at that price...I'm assuming its a replica. The packaging where the case sat is upside down (notice the Element "E" in the upper left) and the tape is pretty bad. (See the attached pic.) I think that's pretty tell-tale.

The power button is pretty firm. Phone doesn't move around in the case at all...feels like a single unit, like it's an extension of the phone. The plastic joints aren't completely flush with the case, but it's VERY slightly off. I'm not completely convinced that the case is aluminum. If it is, it's a soft aluminum. Has a ding or two out of the box. Maybe zinc alloy?

I ordered a Black Ops replica from Caseswill, but that's gonna take a decade to get here. ;) I'll post some pics once I get that one, too. I ordered a Vapor 4 from them a couple years back and it was a great case. The blue paint had scratches in it, but it held up well for a year. This case was from a US seller & I received it in three days.

All said, I'm impressed & VERY pleased. Love the case.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1366287517.672269.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Good eye; that is upside down and it can't be switched out, so it appears that they placed it wrong before attaching the two pieces. Here's mine:
    1.jpg

Yeah, it's soft and very light. They ding pretty easily. It was flawless when I got it, but here's a picture of one of mine that got a pretty good ding from a 3-foot fall on to ceramic tile. My cat was being a jerk and nonchalantly pulled it off the kitchen counter when I looked over at her.
    2.jpg

7. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I'm surprised at how light this case is, too. Barely adds any weight to the iPhone...still feels like a naked phone...but with protection.

I gotta say, I really don't see how Element charges such high prices if the aluminum isn't aircraft grade. I would
    Think it wouldn't be that soft if it were. Element does claim aerospace-grade materials, though. I've been tempted to buy on myself, but my budget can't swing it. ;)

Sent using iCafe app

8. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Oh...& I'd be tempted to make some new fur slippers...at least hand-warmers! :)

Sent using iCafe app

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Aluminum is light, even aircraft grade aluminum. It's not just the materials though. It's the craftsmanship, design, laser engraving, attention to detail and all the extras that come with it. That being said, I do think it is a little overpriced, just not as much as many people say it is. I think $99 would be fair.

10. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

That's exactly what I was thinking. Anything over $100 is getting crazy.

11. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Zealot
    Silver

These cases are nice. I really like. A $100-$120 I think would be a good price for these cases. Man my favorite is the ronin case.