Element Silver Sector 5 Pix

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Well, it finally arrived....short review and hasty pix:

Mod note: I created this new topic as the original 'review' ended up not ever being one at all. Instead it became a litany non-delivery thread. Please merge if appropriate.

The Good
  • It's so light, doesn't feel like it's there at all.
  • Fit and finish. Excellent.
  • Looks. Awesome.
  • Discrete logos. Nothing tacky.
  • Anti-scratch tape fits well.
  • Back stick-on does not seem to affect flash/camera.
  • Element Customer Service. Addressed delivery issue immediately.
The Bad
  • It's so light, doesn't feel like it's there at all. :D
  • No one-handed ability to adjust volume or flip ringer switch. Recess is too deep.
  • Can't see removing the back piece on a frequent basis. Seems like it will separate from sticky backside film.
  • Pricey. I think it should be priced at $99 in comparison to other cases on the market.
Observations
  • No tabs on anti-scratch tape as described in instruction leaflet.
  • Second top left screw was not flush and would not screw down. Replaced with one of two extras and it went in fine.
  • Back piece is not a perfect fit. A tad too narrow and long.
  • I like the color, but am curious what black and gun-metal would have looked like.
  • I'm more worried about marring the case with a drop then I was the phone itself!
Conclusion
  • It's a keeper!
OFA- 027087.jpg
OFA- 027089.jpg
OFA- 027114 - Version 3.jpg
OFA- 027115 - Version 2.jpg
OFA- 027116 - Version 2.jpg
OFA- 027118 - Version 2.jpg
OFA- 027122 - Version 2.jpg
OFA- 027124 - Version 2.jpg
OFA- 027127 - Version 2.jpg

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Thanks for the nice review.

One question... once you have a chance to use the phone can you let us know if there are any issues with reception, WiFi or anything like that?

I hate to disagree. But that is one ugly case.
What exactly is it that you find "ugly". :confused:

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Thanks for the nice review.

One question... once you have a chance to use the phone can you let us know if there are any issues with reception, WiFi or anything like that?
  • Thanks.
  • No issues with reception so far in about 8 hours of usage.
  • I find the inability to single hand-idly change volume a bit of a nuisance.
  • It looks pretty cool next to my MBA.
  • Quiz: There is something fundamentally askew with one of the links. Anyone spot it? Easy fix. I let Element know this morning.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Got mine yesterday too. So far, I like it even more than the Vapor COMP. It's very light and I'm really impressed by the look, feel, and build quality. The color is a close match to the silver on the back of the white iPhone 5. It doesn't work with either of the 30 pin to Lightning Apple adapters, though I can shave a bit of plastic off of the 0.2 meter cable with a dremel to make it fit. The micro USB adapter fits fine. I'll post some pictures soon.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
Looks great. I have been flipping between that silver one and the Black OPs one for IP5.

Got mine yesterday too. So far, I like it even more than the Vapor COMP. It's very light and I'm really impressed by the look, feel, and build quality. The color is a close match to the silver on the back of the white iPhone 5. It doesn't work with either of the 30 pin to Lightning Apple adapters, though I can shave a bit of plastic off of the 0.2 meter cable with a dremel to make it fit. The micro USB adapter fits fine.

http://i.imgur.com/fw8fO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Wod6n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eyUdL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LvE2T.jpg

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Well, it's finely crafted from a solid block of aerospace grade T6 aluminum...but yeah, it's a little overpriced.
You took the words out of my mouth but then again, based on my well established opinions about overpriced cases you probably knew what I was going to say lol.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
So that isn't the standard adaptor that comes with iPhone 5?

You're not saying the standard lightning adaptor doesn't fit are you Mindi? :eek:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So that isn't the standard adaptor that comes with iPhone 5?

You're not saying the standard lightning adaptor doesn't fit are you Mindi? :eek:
No, no, no. That would be disastrous. I even put a link to avoid this confusion and I explained it in my first post in this thread. That's the 0.2 m Lightning to 30 pin adapter cable that I dremeled down a bit. It's bigger than the standard Lightning cable.

Dec 10, 2012
I got mine Friday, and have really been enjoying it. I will agree that the price is crazy, but it really is unique and very high quality.

4ava5yzy.jpg

u4ygaheh.jpg

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
Best 199.00 ever it makes it look extra classy and in an iPhone filled world I want to stand apart not many will drop the money for the case I will though