Element Vapor Comp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Wish the price wasn't so ridiculous.
Still hot thou.
OUCH! Just noticed.
I think the cost is justified. It's a quality product that is CNC machined from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum and anodized, and it has laser-engraved graphics and stainless steel screws. It comes with a screen protector, a full-size micro fiber cloth, a suede back cover and a keyring micro speed wrench (with spare screws) which is made with the same materials and process as the case.

It has free shipping, which couldn't have been any faster, IME. Element was sold out so I ordered on Amazon on Saturday morning and received it yesterday (Monday) via USPS.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Very nice! I had the black one but returned it because I didn't like the fact that the polymer side wasn't flush against the phone and allowed dust and lint from my pocket to get in there. Element said they are working on a redesigned side. I do like the fact that it did not interfere with my signal.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Done!

I REALLY like the fit. I even installed the back plate and the screen protector they provide. Both are also a perfect fit. Please ignore all the dust particles in the pictures. That damn sun shows everything! :)
Happy Thanksgiving all!
DSC03588.JPG
DSC03589.JPG
DSC03590.JPG
DSC03591.JPG
DSC03592.JPG

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
This just in! As much as I loved the look of the carbon fiber back plate, I had to remove. It was actually causing me to lose 2-3 bars of reception. I had no idea that it would be the culprit. Went back to my clear rear screen protector. May put one of my DecalGirls skins back on.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
I had a loss of bars with just the case. Also, after using for a while, it had scratched my metal band around the phone. Not terribly bad, but noticeable. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I had a loss of bars with just the case. Also, after using for a while, it had scratched my metal band around the phone. Not terribly bad, but noticeable. :-(

You lost bars with the Vapor Comp? I can see it scratching unfortunately. It rubs kind of harshly when sliding it on.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
Sure did. I was disappointed. Cool case tho! In areas where I had spotty coverage before, I had the no service message with that case.