Eligibility Concerning iPhone 3G

enjoiles

Jun 14, 2008
SJ, CA
Ok, so I am still kind of confused at this point. I'm on the FamilyTalk Nation 550 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend, & Unlimited M2M + Unlimited Txt. I have one question:

1. There are 3 lines on the plan. Am I able to take advantage of another line's upgrade eligibility, if I am not eligible?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I believe that if you have a line that is eligible for an upgrade then the iPhone will have to be used on that number but I may be mistaken. I do however believe that you will be able to get the $199 and $299 pricing.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
the line that is eligible for hte upgrade is the line that can use the upgrade. u cannot transfer that eligibility

mark34

Mar 11, 2008
I suggest that you go into the store and ask. I have, in the past, used different upgrade eligibilities from different phones on my family plan to upgrade other phones in the family plan.

enjoiles

Jun 14, 2008
SJ, CA
I suggest that you go into the store and ask. I have, in the past, used different upgrade eligibilities from different phones on my family plan to upgrade other phones in the family plan.
Yeah, I have done that in the past, as well. I just called several AT&T stores, and all the reps told me that they don't know, and to call back next week. :(

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Can't you just upgrade the other line and then switch SIMs?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Ok, so I am still kind of confused at this point. I'm on the FamilyTalk Nation 550 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend, & Unlimited M2M + Unlimited Txt. I have one question:

1. There are 3 lines on the plan. Am I able to take advantage of another line's upgrade eligibility, if I am not eligible?
You are probably going to have to wait till 7/11 to get the answer to this one.

enjoiles

Jun 14, 2008
SJ, CA
You are probably going to have to wait till 7/11 to get the answer to this one.
Ughh, does that mean I have to say farewell to my camp out plans? Yes, I know I probably don't need to camp out, but it's just for the fun :)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Ughh, does that mean I have to say farewell to my camp out plans? Yes, I know I probably don't need to camp out, but it's just for the fun :)
Sorry:), but this is a situation that I am not sure anyone really knows the answer.
I think YoungBinks has the best answer at this time. The line that is eligible is the one the iPhone will probably have to go one and it will qualify for the sub. price.

enjoiles

Jun 14, 2008
SJ, CA
Sorry:), but this is a situation that I am not sure anyone really knows the answer.
Ahhhh, aha. *Sigh* Well, I'm hoping that I'll be able to take advantage of the other lines' (there are 2 of the 3 that are eligible) eligibility, as I have done so in the past.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Ahhhh, aha. *Sigh* Well, I'm hoping that I'll be able to take advantage of the other lines' (there are 2 of the 3 that are eligible) eligibility, as I have done so in the past.
I did a little edit on my post and I think you have probably answered your own question. The 2 lines will qualify for the upgrade. Who knows though, maybe they will let you do all three.

enjoiles

Jun 14, 2008
SJ, CA
I did a little edit on my post and I think you have probably answered your own question. The 2 lines will qualify for the upgrade. Who knows though, maybe they will let you do all three.
Maybe :laugh2:

But, I feel like I will be screwed in the end, but hey, I'm hoping for the best.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Maybe :laugh2:

But, I feel like I will be screwed in the end, but hey, I'm hoping for the best.
Why is it such a big deal to have AT&T switch the phone numbers? I don't see why they would be against this.