eligibility issue

Jul 2, 2008
I posted yesterday wondering if i would be eligible even though it said on AT&T.com that im not until august. The AT&T people that i talked to on the phone were pretty strict on the date and wouldn't move it up. But it's been 18 months and i think that the contract lasts 20 months which doesn't make sense to me. What's the best way to convince AT&T to shorten my contract?

ENTERT8NER

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I'm having the exact same issue. I have had it with AT&T! My contract expires August 4, 08 but I'm not eligible for an upgrade until the August 20, 08. Yeah...looks like I typed that wrong huh?! Well I didn't. It makes absolutely no since and nobody there can help. I have called and called and called. So instead of sitting here with a slick iPhone 3G and sitting here with a stick up my arse pissed at the world!

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
don't waste your time with those customer service reps.. call explain the problem.. if they cant help, ask to speak to the supervisor.. and if the supervisor cant help.. ask to speak to their supervisor.. eventually someone will help you

thats ridiculous that your contract expires before you are even eligible for an upgrade.. something is not right there

ENTERT8NER

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
don't waste your time with those customer service reps.. call explain the problem.. if they cant help, ask to speak to the supervisor.. and if the supervisor cant help.. ask to speak to their supervisor.. eventually someone will help you

thats ridiculous that your contract expires before you are even eligible for an upgrade.. something is not right there
Believe me I have, I have...

Even the supervisor's can't help. I then went as far as acting as if I was going to cancel both of my lines so they transfered me to the Customer Resolution Dept. and they have determined that it is a computer glitch and that it is their fault and none of my own. They said they could send me any other phone free of charge but when it comes to the iPhone their hands are tied. They said they can't change the system or the eligibility dates. I finally called back and spoke to someone who said they would get this resolved and promised to call me back but of course that was a complete lie.

I'm tempted to just add another line and then change the number on it but I have no idea if I can do that...

(shakes head in complete disappointment)

I have been waiting for this day for so long! :mad:

Jul 2, 2008
It doesn't make sense, don't they want our money?

Jul 2, 2008
I thought that after 18 months everyone is eligible for a new phone?

vampep

Jun 28, 2007
how do you see if your eligible from their website?

Jul 2, 2008
But isn't it 18 months? Or is it longer because im an add-on to a family plan?

vampep

Jun 28, 2007
ok i clicked upgrade and it gave me a selection of phones...that means i'm good right?

ENTERT8NER

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
It should be 18 months or 20 if your a businesss customer. But with AT&T, who knows?!

Jul 2, 2008
Business customer? Im on a family plan, why the hell isn't it 18 months. Do you think that this is a reasonable argument for them to shorten the upgrade time by a month, allowing me to get the iPhone now?

ENTERT8NER

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I don't know....I don't even think they know! In fact I know they don't.

i_boy_43

Jul 12, 2008
Credit

My da wants to get me one but he dose not use credit cards only debit is it possible to set up a new att account for an iPhone3g //ty for your help in advance:)

Jul 29, 2007
ok so let me get this straight... you can't upgrade to a new iPhone unless you've had your old iPhone for at least 18 months? the iPhone hasn't even been out for that long. i got my iPhone last july and that was when my mom and i started our AT&T family plan. now when i check the AT&T site and click on Apple phones for upgrade, it shows that no products match my criteria.

does anyone know what this is all about?