Eligibility questions

Mikozee

Bronze
Dec 12, 2007
I own the 1st gen iPhone. I had it since last year (in fact in just 8 more days it would have been exactly 1 year). Since i had it before the 3G came out, am i eligible to get the iPhone 3G at the cut price? I was under the idea that all iPhone owners were eligible but i just called customer service and they told me that i'm not eligible until i completed 21 months of my service.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I own the 1st gen iPhone. I had it since last year (in fact in just 8 more days it would have been exactly 1 year). Since i had it before the 3G came out, am i eligible to get the iPhone 3G at the cut price? I was under the idea that all iPhone owners were eligible but i just called customer service and they told me that i'm not eligible until i completed 21 months of my service.
Unless there are some factors in your case I am not aware of, you should be eligible for the $199/$299 price. This will also require a new 2 year contract.
Is the V1 your first association with ATT? That may be a factor but I don't know for sure. I would either call again or better yet stop by a store as see why you are not eligible.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I was a first time ATT customer lured over by the iPhone version 1. I had it 12 months and upgraded to the 3g at the reduced price. No problem.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
You will have no problem upgrading

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
You paid full price for your V1 so there will not be a problem with you upgrading to the 3G it will require another 2 year contract as said and also your data plan is priced different.

If you qualify for a fan discount it can be used on the 3G phone but could not on the V1 iPhone