Email address cache problem driving me nuts!

mossyboy6

Oct 1, 2007
Hi

I tried sending someone an email last night and it never sent because I had their email address wrong in my contacts on my iPhone. I then updated their email address to the correct one, went into the mail app and started to type their name, now it's giving me both options of their email addresses, the right one and the wrong one. I even deleted the contact and all my emails received and sent to see if that will clear it and even with the contact deleted, it still gives me the 2 addresses when I type their name. I'm guessing theirs some kind of email cache going on? I clear the cache in Safari, rebooted phone in the hope it might be linked the the mail too. Any ideas?

P.S. Still on 1.0.2, cant update yet as on unlocked phone.

Cheers for any help
Chris

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hi

I tried sending someone an email last night and it never sent because I had their email address wrong in my contacts on my iPhone. I then updated their email address to the correct one, went into the mail app and started to type their name, now it's giving me both options of their email addresses, the right one and the wrong one. I even deleted the contact and all my emails received and sent to see if that will clear it and even with the contact deleted, it still gives me the 2 addresses when I type their name. I'm guessing theirs some kind of email cache going on? I clear the cache in Safari, rebooted phone in the hope it might be linked the the mail too. Any ideas?

P.S. Still on 1.0.2, cant update yet as on unlocked phone.

Cheers for any help
Chris
Delete the bad contact from whatever program on your computer that the iPhone syncs with for contact info, then sync your iPhone. This will clear out the bad contact info.

mossyboy6

Oct 1, 2007
Thanks for reply. I tried that. I even deleted all my contacts on my phone but the bad address is still there when i type first few letters of the contacts name in the email app. I guess i'll have to live with it and put it down to a bug or a cache thing and as there is no way to clear the cache then i am stuck.