Email Autocheck Hack

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Has anyone successfuly installed this hack?
If so, I would be curious to know if it adversely effects your battery.
Also, I am working on a Windows XP computer and can not figure out how to edit the mobilemail.plst file to change the autocheck time to 5 minutes or even to 2 minutes.
Your help on this is very much appreciated.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I applied the change to 2 minutes but since I use YAHOO which is IMAP, I don't think the patch comes into play. I have not noticed any improvement in mail checking nor have I noticed any change in battery usage (I think).

I use that NAVICON app which I think does affect battery use unless you "force quit' it (i.e. hold down the home button for 10 seconds while on that screen).

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
How did you apply the change?
I have the file (text) that needs to be edited. When I edit it in wordpad (or such) it forces me to save it as a .doc file. When I upload that file into the correct file section on the iPhone it does not replace it - it just adds it. Most likely, this is because the file I am looking to replace with the minutes change is not a .doc file.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have the file (text) that needs to be edited. When I edit it in wordpad (or such) it forces me to save it as a .doc file. When I upload that file into the correct file section on the iPhone it does not replace it - it just adds it. Most likely, this is because the file I am looking to replace with the minutes change is not a .doc file.
I use a Mac so I got a PLIST editor program and used that to change it. Then I replaced the original on the phone.

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Don't use wordpad, use Notepad to modify. Then you can do a save, or a save-as, and select the All *.* option, and name the file with the correct extension.

Generally, anytime you're modifying a file like this (especially for a non-windows os base) notepad is a better solution. Wordpad is a stripped down Word program, and as such, imbeds some formatting data into the file that could potentially hose things up in a non-windows os base.