Email/Background/Icons Question

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I have two questions...still learning:

I have a gmail IMAP account that I forward my godaddy.com email account to. (I'm a youth pastor and my email is linked to our web domain.) I have my Outlook to send emails as though it is from my youth group domain, not the gmail domain. How can I set that up through the iPhone? As of now, all email I send from my iPhone has a reply to address of gmail.com, not 412youth.com. My alias is setup in gmail as well.

Next...is there a way to have a different background on the home page other than the black background? Behind the icons?

Finally...in software 1.1.4, you can hold down an icon and then all of the icons begin to "shake." Is there a way to create more icons or is it just to move the icons to where you want them?

Thanks for being willing to help out a new convert!

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
pastor. if you just want differnet backgrounds. use your camera on the iPhone and take a picture. Then pull it up in the photo appl and you should have an option to set as wallpaper...
still thinking about the gmail questions..because i use that service too and not sure.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You'll want to look into jailbreaking your phone if you want to actually change the background underneath the icons on the home page.

You create more icons by going to the website and clicking the + sign at the bottom of the screen. That will create a shortcut icon to the website.