Email bug?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I think this is a bug. But if I receive an email that has attachments, either a document or pictures, It is fine for a while. Then and I do not know what happens but I go back into the mail app and select the email - I see the first two lines of the email in the preview list - when I select the email it tries to go back to the server to retrieve it, weird. It spins for a while and then states that it could not retrieve the email from the server. So - I have lost the email and all its attachments. Gone. This only happens to emails that have attachments and after some period of time or some thing I am activating. For a while I can go in and read the email and see all the attachments just fine but then, Voila, the whole email can no longer be read.

Now I know the server will no longer have the email as once my phone pops it off of gmail it is gone. But why is it re-reading the email? And why does the phone no longer have the whole email?

Thanks.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Sorry I don't use gmail (hate it, but that is for another post) it works fine with my IMAP account.
I refuse to believe it is a gmail probelm as the email and the attachment(s) load into the iPhone and can be viewed it just fine. The gmail account removes the email from its inbox and I have the email on my iPhone. However, after some time, the email when you select it to view it will go back to try an retrieve the email again. Up to this point I can view the email repeatedly without it going to the gmail server. This only happens with emails that have an attachment.

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
having a similar problem

i just posted above with a similar problem. i don't have any answers but will let you know if someone sends me a fix.