Email Clients

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by Woesong, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

I have very few requirement to make me completely happy with an email app: Allow me to swipe one way to Trash and another to save all in my inbox to a folder of my choosing, and every swiped email is replaced by the next in the chain, and a filter to pre-sort incoming mail into pre-selected folders.

So where do I find it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Outlook, perhaps?
    1. Swipe. Does some of this, but the move is an active choice (not saved/preferred/preselected).
    2. Swipe and next. Yes.
    3. Yes, if you use Desktop Client to set-up rules. Plus it has a 'focus' auto and clutter filters that work exclusively on the mobile version.

3. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

Thanks, I may look into Outlook. Until recently Yahoo had the filter, but it seems to have disappeared - although the mailing lists I had going to folders when it could be set in Settings are still filling up their folders. Strange.

4. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

The filters might still be active on the server side. Did you log into your account on the Yahoo site to see if the options were still there on that platform?

5. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

Can't even find the setting anymore. It makes me think one day I'll log in and Yahoo will be an empty warehouse. I once left a comment/bug report and never saw the courtesy of a reply. Lots of echoes in Yahoo! these days.

6. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Yahoo has been in transition lately. Transition to what, nobody seems to know. Revelations of a major system hack and fleeing users has pushed Yahoo to overhaul their systems. If Yahoo is your primary email account or just an important one, you'll have to give them time to see what shakes out of their overhauls.

I've tried Air Mail and several other clients on my iPhone but none have been complete enough to keep me from going back to the default email client, Mail.app. I too have lots of subfolders for my email accounts and I'm agro about sorting my email and keeping a clean inbox. Apple's new smart sorting is a joy. The mail app learns what folders you use to sort certain senders and suggests that folder when you use the "move" icon for an email message. It's not the left/right swipe you're looking for but it's very efficient.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Email is one of the best clients I've tried. It offers iMessage integration. You can read email or post email in iMessage. Very nice app.
    Email - mail for Gmail Yahoo iCloud & Hotmail by Easilydo Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/wAla3.i

8. Declan Mills

Declan Mills New Member

The latest gmail update is horrendous, seems like they added color for colors sake. Going to try outlook tonight but anyone tried Boxer? Airmail? Dispatch? Hesitant to pay for them without trying them first.