Email default screen

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by 2012/2013, Oct 24, 2012.

1. 2012/2013

2012/2013 New Member

When I open email from a closed state (ie. closed in the tray or after powering down the phone) it opens and checks mail in one of my 3 accounts (and not even my default account). I prefer it to open on the Mailboxes screen and check all of my mail accounts at one time. any suggestions? It's actually an iPhone 4

2. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

My iPhone 4s email will open to my default account from fully closed. Question, where is this account (what order) in your list of mail accounts? The reason I ask is because my default account also happens to be my first mail account in my list. Curious if that actually has anything to do with it. If I don't fully close the mail app it will open to whatever screen I left it one when I minimized it. If I'm on the home screen, that's where it will start. If I'm in one or the other account when I minimize, that's where it will start.

3. 2012/2013

2012/2013 New Member

yes. good question. it opens in the account that is at the top of the list. I also wondered if that's why it was choosing that account to open in. my default account happens to be at the bottom. There seems to be varying opinions on how to change the order of the accounts, and I have given up on that for now. At any rate, I'd like it to open on the screen that lists all the accounts instead of in any one account. Thanks for your response.

4. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I always open in "All Mail" unless I was last in one of my 5 subaccounts. In that instance, it will open in that account, that is the last one I was in when I exited mail. YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

5. 2012/2013

2012/2013 New Member

...i don't see a screen called 'all mail'. mine says 'Mailboxes', but if we are talking about the same screen, the one that lists all your accounts, does yours open on that screen even if you close the email program, or if you poweirdown and then restart?...if so, are you able to give me some insight into how to make an iPhone do that?

6. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I don't believe there is any way to control such functionality without a jailbreak. Even then, I've never seen the tweak.

7. 2012/2013

2012/2013 New Member

thanks psy. so is it the general function that after closing the email program, the next time you open email it will open in the account that is at the top of your list of accounts

8. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Actually mine is titled "All Boxes" and includes my 6 accounts but it always opens with the last account I opened if I closed it while in one of those accounts instead of "All Boxes". Sorry if I confused anyone.

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.