Email Deletion ... any tips / tricks?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jscaffidi

Nov 14, 2007
I'm tired of individually deleting all unwanted mail from my inbox AND my sent AND my trash ... anybody figure out a quicker way than slide -> delete or edit -> tap & delete?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Unfortunately there is no mass delete function. The best you can do is hit the edit button while in the main mail screen and tap on the red - next to each email.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
or swipe your finger across the mail in the listing view and then press the red delete button that magically appears.

Apple hasn't been very consistent with the UI across all the apps - bit of a slap on the wrist there Apple!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Unfortunately there is no mass delete function. The best you can do is hit the edit button while in the main mail screen and tap on the red - next to each email.
That's certainly a lot faster than opening each one and clicking on the trash can icon....like I did for many weeks when I first got my phone :mad:

jscaffidi

Nov 14, 2007
this DEFINITELY is something Apple should have done, but I'm surprised a 'hack developer' hasn't addressed this already ... it is truly a daily grind!

And I already knew about the drag & delete as well as the edit mode delete guys, but thanks!