email doesn't work after 2.0.1 upgrade

dwsdad

Aug 14, 2008
I have the original iPhone that was on 1.1.4 (jailbroken) and recently jumped up to 2.0.1. Since that time my email has stopped working. My accounts still show up, but they show up as "inactive". If I go in and turn them on, get out, and go back in to check it, it's turned off again. I have 3 accounts that are all POP and they all behave the same way now.

I've done a search here and tried rebooting and resetting the network - still doesn't work. Oh, and I can't even delete them. I even tried a restore with no luck.

I need help! (uh....with the iPhone, that is.....)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I have the original iPhone that was on 1.1.4 (jailbroken) and recently jumped up to 2.0.1. Since that time my email has stopped working. My accounts still show up, but they show up as "inactive". If I go in and turn them on, get out, and go back in to check it, it's turned off again. I have 3 accounts that are all POP and they all behave the same way now.

I've done a search here and tried rebooting and resetting the network - still doesn't work. Oh, and I can't even delete them. I even tried a restore with no luck.

I need help! (uh....with the iPhone, that is.....)
Restore the phone again. When iTunes gets to the screen where you get to pick your restore file, go to your iPhone and you will notice that it will be as if it were new with none of your settings imported over yet. Now set up your mail account, then choose your restore file in iTunes and finish the restore and your mail will work again. This has happened to me twice already. Annoying bug.

dwsdad

Aug 14, 2008
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
If that doesn't work, go to <Settings, <Mail, and then retype your password and email. Thats what worked for me. Hope this helps.