Email frozen on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by jfleming01, May 29, 2012.

1. jfleming01

jfleming01 Member
    Bronze

when I click on the mail icon I get a blank screen with status bar at the top and refresh icon in bottom left and compose icon in bottom right. Reverts to board after a few seconds. Tried going into photos and emailing from there but nothing happens. Settings look normal, all the accounts (exchange, gmail, etc ) are there. Powered down but no change. any ideas?

2. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

You say you Powered down, but did you Restart or Reboot? They're totally different things.

Hold both the Sleep and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo and then release both. And if that doesn't work, maybe try Reset Network Settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I saw a note today that there have been issues with gmail recently. I, however, haven't seen anything of note.
    YMMV

EDIT: I just found a website that might help suss this - http://downrightnow.com/

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

4. jfleming01

jfleming01 Member
    Bronze

Rebooted and It's back. Had to get to my computer to reboot if you know what I mean.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Most of the time when email is frozen, a reboot of your iPhone will solve the problem. I have freezing issues often with mail app and Facebook.

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread Pre-fix added.