Email help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
anyone tell me how to set up an msn account and school account on the iPhone?
You are not going to be able to check msn with the iPhone mail app. You will have to check it on the web via safari.

Your school will need to have POP3 or IMAP enabled to check it with your iPhone. You can get this info from someone in the schools IT department.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
the instructions on how to set up an email account on the iPhone are right on Apple's support site here.

if you don't know the settings for your email accounts (incoming and outgoing servers, passwords, etc.), no one here can help you set up the accounts since those are required for set-up.

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Alrighty i have never had any email issues since the day i got my phone but now my gmail stoped working. i deleted the account and re-addded it but still nothing..

Please advise.

Thanks!

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Stoped working as in, you get error messages when trying to send or receive mail? Stoped working as in you know you have mail but it is not bringing it down? If the lader is your problem re-boot the phone and try to retrive your mail. There is also a chance that the GMAIL server might have been down.

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
doesn't work as in i don't get or receive any emails anymore. i tried turning the phone off and back on but nothing.

any ideas?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
If you are syncing your email account with iTunes there may have been a passage back and forth of corupt files. Try unistalling the email account at your phone again and reinstalling it. Than make sure the sync email accounts option in iTunes is not checked off. You might also want to reset all settings in your phone to clean out any other potential issues.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you are syncing your email account with iTunes there may have been a passage back and forth of corupt files. Try unistalling the email account at your phone again and reinstalling it. Than make sure the sync email accounts option in iTunes is not checked off. You might also want to reset all settings in your phone to clean out any other potential issues.
^ Gets my vote. This should solve your problem. What I have in bold above is the key IMO.