Email Nightmare!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
So right now I am very pissed. Yahoo e mail is acting like it's sending e mail, making that "swoosh" noise, but the recpiants aren't getting it at all. No error message on my end saying it wasn't sent, just vanished. I switched to yahoo after the trouble with gmail, and then this morning I tried to set up my Verizon pop account and it says "Cannot set up with out SSL!" and I can't even send anything from the phone. So this is the third e mail account that does not work on the almighty iPhone. I tried to call Apple this morning and they are closed! This iPhone does not even come close to handling email in any way shape or form like I was told it would. I am very upset. I left the tmobile sidekick3 for this, and right now I'm wanting it back! Anyone else having these issues?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
yes man I'm sorry. You are correct in the fact the iPhone slacks off when it comes to email. You DO know that it is common knowledge that the iPhone is a "media device" and NOT a "businesss tool" and holds no claims that it is.

This might not be the phone for you.

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
I have been having problems with email since day one as well. I heavily depend on emails too. Nothing like my blackberry. I have yet to receive an email using yahoo. Tried numerous times to make that work and still nothing. The only email I seem to have no issues with is my .MAC email. Go figure Apple phone with an Apple .MAC email address works great. I do hope this is an issue they fix with upcoming updates. Oh wait that wouldn't do me any good because I wont update. Enjoying my 3rd party apps way to much. :laugh2:

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Dude.....the font...

Agree with the comment on iPhone being multimedia.... Opening my email and having to wait for that friggin starburst for received and SENT mail was a big PITA IMO.

I still have my iPhone right here beside me but it has been deactivated in favor of a BB 8820 until Apple can get their 3P app strategy together....if you are going to give us pi$$ poor email, at least give us IM so we can have some sort of awareness and live chatting with friends.

Ask yourself:

"Are you merely borrowing YOUR phone from Steve Jobs?"

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
Well I understand that this isn't the phone for businesss email. I'm talking about everyday e mail that everyone uses. I just got off the phone with Apple, I guess they open around nine, and the rep told me that the most reliable email so far is gmail, and that too has problems. So I'm going to go back to gmail, it's the lesser of the weak to choose from at this point. Couldn't get my Verizon paid account to work after an hour on the phone. Apple has some serious work to do.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Sorry, I didn't mean to yell, I usually write my e mails that big.
Try deleting the mail account, then enter in your mail settings again, hit save, if message comes up cannot connect with ssl hit no, then hit save again, then go into settings and deselect ssl, that did it for me but not sure your issue is exactly like mine was.
worth a try