Email not being "pushed"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by patcar, Mar 14, 2011.

1. patcar

patcar New Member

Anyone having an issue with Ipad 2 not "pushing" email through? If I open the email app, all emails will come through, but otherwise, it never notifies me of a new email. I checked my email settings to make sure I had it set to "push", and I did. Any thoughts or solutions?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

May be a silly question, but even with Push activated, did you check to make sure it's not set to manual?
    Image has been removed.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

#2 RoofMonkey, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  3. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

On mine my me.com email always pushes fine but I have Att uverse and my email there never does. I've checked everything and can't figure out why it won't

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

4. patcar

patcar New Member

RoofMonkey, I think you are right. Although it said "push" on the menu, I actually never went in and make sure it was "on". Can't wait to have the chance to do so! Thank you!

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

No problem, hope that's the easy fix for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

That's odd. I have never set a push account to anything other than manual RoofMonkey. I push 3 email addresses too. My AT&T, Work and MobileMe.

7. patcar

patcar New Member

Well, I went home and made sure I adjusted all the settings for my email to get "pushed" and it still is not working. I don't know if this has something to do with AOL and Gmail or what the issue may be :(. May have to take a trip to an Apple store soon.

8. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Do you really need them pushed to your iPhone? I do mine all manually, to conserve battery power.

9. patcar

patcar New Member

I have them "pushed" on my iPhone no problem, but for some reason it does not work on my ipad 2.

10. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

iPad 2 is too new. There are too many glitches that need to be worked out. I'm glad I didn't get one.

11. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I have my yahoo account in my phone. Always have. About a week ago I stopped receiving emails.
    The only time I get them is when I actually click on the email app and it says checking for email then downloading whatever new messages exist.
    I deleted the account off and re added it. Same problem. I deleted the account off did a hard reset re added it and same problem. I switched to fetch for about a day and half and that work then went back to push and same problem.
    This problem exists in and off of wifi also. Not having any other problems. Getting texts and everything. Getting all my emails. Just requires me to make the app fetch them.

Is this a server or carrier problem?
    Any ideas will help. Is getting annoying.

12. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

It sounds like you have done everything as far as the phone goes. Do you have another email you can use to see if they will push from another account. Like gmail? I would say if you could test it and it doesn't push then it's your phone and if it does push then it's a yahoo problem. I am leaning towards the side of it being a phone problem. Because if emails are downloading manually then I would think the server is performing ok and allowing the phone to download emails. I think it's the phone acting up and the push feature has a malfunction.

13. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

Are you still using the 3GS?

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is an iOS 5 bug with Yahoo that causes it to not push at times. Some people have said that adding an @me email to the phone fixes it.

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Yes and don't talk bad about her. She is a champ lol
    I will do another account never thought of that.

16. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

What is an @me email? And your saying have two accounts on the phone?

17. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

just having the @me account on the phone allows the yahoo to work better? Just making sure that's what you meant. Also I did have email buggy problems whith IOS5 also.

18. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

are you on ios5?

19. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

If it is an ios5 thing why did it randomly just start with me then. Actually. Sob. I did a sync the other day. About same time it started now that I think about it. Didn't update iOS or anything but wonder of that triggered it.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

MobileMe was a paid service for several years. Now it's free with iCloud. Yeah, I have two email accounts on my phone. Gmail and @me.