Email not being "pushed"

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
MobileMe was a paid service for several years. Now it's free with iCloud. Yeah, I have two email accounts on my phone. Gmail and @me.
I'll have to look into it. I don't use the cloud and haven't set it up. I also only have yahoo accounts. Same one I've had for 14 years and my businesss one.

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
Let me know the address your adding as a test. I know a few places to put it to get you all the mail you need. For testing purposes of course. ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'll have to look into it. I don't use the cloud and haven't set it up. I also only have yahoo accounts. Same one I've had for 14 years and my businesss one.
Cool. I highly recommend it. I liked it enough that I paid for it for years and now it's free. Find My iPhone, push contacts, bookmarks, notes, etc. is pretty handy.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Let me know the address your adding as a test. I know a few places to put it to get you all the mail you need. For testing purposes of course. ;)
I bet you do lol.
We once sent off to get 37 different magazine subscriptions to one d bag of a guy. All bill me later of course. Was a classic prank. Is a pain to get all those cancelled. Man I am mean person sometimes. Lol

Jmbaker429

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 28, 2010
Florida
I bet you do lol.
We once sent off to get 37 different magazine subscriptions to one d bag of a guy. All bill me later of course. Was a classic prank. Is a pain to get all those cancelled. Man I am mean person sometimes. Lol
that's funny. Man that would suck.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Cool. I highly recommend it. I liked it enough that I paid for it for years and now it's free. Find My iPhone, push contacts, bookmarks, notes, etc. is pretty handy.
It's also nifty to be able to backup your iPhone to the cloud once in awhile. Just in case the unthinkable happens to both your iPhone and to the computer(s) you normally back it up to. You get 25 gigs for free and have the option to buy more.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
It's also nifty to be able to backup your iPhone to the cloud once in awhile. Just in case the unthinkable happens to both your iPhone and to the computer(s) you normally back it up to. You get 25 gigs for free and have the option to buy more.

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.
There isn't a single thing on my phone that I would be upset if I lost any or all of it. Bigger things in life IMO.
Cloud seems like one more thing to set up and learn and deal with lol
I like simplicity and perfection. Much like my 3GS 8gb. Lol

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No doubt there are more important things in life, but it's nice to have all that stuff push. The more Apple products you have the more useful it is. The automatic daily iPhone backups to the cloud are nice, too. The setup is a piece of cake.

I can't tell you how many threads I've seen where people lost their contacts and we're asking if they could get them back. Unfortunately, they never took the time to do backups in iTunes so they were gone. iClould solved that problem.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
No doubt there are more important things in life, but it's nice to have all that stuff (contacts, Calandars, bookmarks) push, especially if you have more than one Mac product. The automatic daily iPhone backups to the cloud are nice, too. The setup is a piece of cake. It's
I am going to check it out. I do love my phone and all of its abilities especially when they work correctly. However comma I do acknowledge it is just a phone lol. It and my very old iPod shuffle are the only things Apple I own.
Going to check out this cloud though.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
My Gmail is not pushing either. My @.me is pushing fine but not my Gmail or my Exchange email. When I go under setting on the mail, there is only an option to push for @.me. The options for my Gmail and Exchange only say Fetch and Manual. Don't really understand what's going on with that.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
My Gmail is not pushing either. My @.me is pushing fine but not my Gmail or my Exchange email. When I go under setting on the mail, there is only an option to push for @.me. The options for my Gmail and Exchange only say Fetch and Manual. Don't really understand what's going on with that.

Did you set up gmail as a Exchange? I think you have to, so you can get it via push. Don't use the Gmail Option.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
I didn't set up it as exchange so maybe that is it. But I also have my work email set up as exchange and it's not pushing either. Just my iCloud email is pushing.

Sep 1, 2007
My yahoo emails stopped pushing also. Tried to add the @me mail account and still the same results. Hotmail account same thing! What the hell Apple!

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Mine just started working today out of nowhere. Not sure what was up with that. I didn't change any settings or anything, it just started pushing.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Mine has been sporadic all day. It's kind of annoying now. I'm just glad my accounts on exchange are pushing just fine.

I remember this happened a year or two ago. It was about 2 weeks or so later everything was fine.