Email not downloading the entire message?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Okay on plenty of my emails once I open them I have to click on a tab to download the entire email. On my iPhone 2G I could of sworn there was a setting for this that allowed the entire email(pics and all) to be downloaded automatically so I didn't have to click on the tab in the actual email to download the rest of the message. Am I hallucinating?:(

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
I am not sure about the 2G but I would be curious to know as well. I can't get attachments on the first download of the email. I get a message stating the entire email needs to download? How do you make this happen?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yah if I remember correctly my picture attachments were automatically downloaded on my 2G iPhone. Maybe it's the 2.0 firmware that dosen't allow this?

Posted from iPhone 3G

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
whenever i get an email with a picture the picture never shows up. Even when i click on the picture it never downloads it

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
whenever i get an email with a picture the picture never shows up. Even when i click on the picture it never downloads it
Same problem here. I also can't view .wmv videos, I thought the capability was there but i am assuming it doesn't work because that is windows media player? Can anyone confirm?

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Same problem here. I also can't view .wmv videos, I thought the capability was there but i am assuming it doesn't work because that is windows media player? Can anyone confirm?
Mail attachment support

• Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
Video

• Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Mail attachment support

• Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
Video

• Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Thanks for the post. That is definitely helpful.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Wow thats even worse then the problem I'm having. When I click on the pics they download, and so does the remainder of my emails. Its just that I remember not having to do this before. I would just go to my email and it would be fully downloaded.

Now the emails often show up not fully rendered with a tab that says click to download the rest of the email.

Does anyone know what happened to the setting that allows the entire email to download automatically?