Email Notification Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by coop1701, Nov 12, 2013.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Hey Guys..., I'm having a issue with Email Notifications. Not sure if it's just the email settings or iOS7. This started out as slightly annoying and now it's bugging me to death.

This only happens on iCloud and my AT&T account, not my exchange email with work.
    I get a new email in either iCloud or AT&T and I read them. Then go out to my main screen, it shows I still have a new email with a red 1 over the email Icon. I can go back to my email and read the second email and has became new again. It doesn't show as new in the email list. But if I pull up the top email it shows I have one unread and I can scroll down using the arrows at the top and it will finally mark it as read.

I have no idea why this keeps getting worse. But viewing a email and then having to look at the second one to mark it as read is driving me nuts.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Same thing here. I have to go back and check/read the email a second time to get the badge to disappear.

3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

It wasn't that bad until recently. I have been getting a lot more emails. Typically I wouldn't complain about a oddity. But even deleting the accounts and setting them back up has not alleviated the issue. Hope they fix it soon.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I forgot to mention that it isn't consistently doing this on my phone. I've just noticed that it's done it multiple times since getting the 5s. I haven't paid enough attention to it to notice if it's Gmail, iCloud or both.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I can confirm this also happens to my gmail and work exchange accounts on occasions.

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I have 3 accounts set up on mine. Only 2 of mine do it. Also I would like to mention that I have notifications set differently on those, than my Work. Do you think that could be why? For work I have it set to display the email as a notification on my Lock Screen. The other 2 accounts aren't as important as work. So I do not have them set to display on the lockscreen. I have them set as Banner across the top of my screen.

I may try to alter those today and see if it helps. @Europa you are correct. Mine behaves like that also. Not every time, but more often than not.

How do you two have your notifications set?

7. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Well changing the notifications between all my email accounts to match had no effect at all. Oh well. I guess we could have worse issues.

Like the poor people working in Prudhoe Bay Alaska who are dealing with 7 degree weather. lol

8. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I'm plagued by this one, too.