Email Overload on iPhone--Over 2 Billion unread messages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JLP75766

Jul 10, 2007
I deleted what I thought were all of the e-mails from my inbox and then it came up asking me if I wanted to load 25 more messages. Below that in smaller print it says 2,147,483,682:2,147,483,622 unread. ! I get a lot of spam but having over 2 BILLION unread messages is a little hard to believe. Does anyone know what is going on or how to fix this problem?
My iPhone e-mail function is almost useless as far as I am concerned. I wish I could delete all the e-mails on my iPhone easily and start over just having the stuff that is in my gmail account show up!
JLP75766

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Maybe you can wipe the phone out and do like a restore type thing because other then that your gunna have to delete them manually there is no Delete All option..

Jul 20, 2007
West Virginia
I deleted what I thought were all of the e-mails from my inbox and then it came up asking me if I wanted to load 25 more messages. Below that in smaller print it says 2,147,483,682:2,147,483,622 unread. ! I get a lot of spam but having over 2 BILLION unread messages is a little hard to believe. Does anyone know what is going on or how to fix this problem?
My iPhone e-mail function is almost useless as far as I am concerned. I wish I could delete all the e-mails on my iPhone easily and start over just having the stuff that is in my gmail account show up!
JLP75766
What you can do is go to your Gmail account on your computer and then to Forwarding and POP settings and I believe there is an option in there to turn on pop and only forward messages from this point forward. You will have to disable pop first and then re-enable it with this option. What this has the effect of doing is setting it so only new messages from that point forward get delivered.