email push problem

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
ok, I have my yahoo email set to push to my phone but it doesn't work all the time. Also, sometimes it says I have x amount of messages, 2 unread when I touch the message to dl them, the amount drops by 1 and says
x-1 messages, 2 unread and no new messages appear. Sometimes I turn off and back on my phone and it seems to help

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
ok, I have my yahoo email set to push to my phone but it doesn't work all the time. Also, sometimes it says I have x amount of messages, 2 unread when I touch the message to dl them, the amount drops by 1 and says
x-1 messages, 2 unread and no new messages appear. Sometimes I turn off and back on my phone and it seems to help
I have never found Yahoo to be push...at least on my iPhone V1 and 3G. I know they say it is, but it doesn't work...

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
wow that sounds bizzar check your actual yahoo account from a computer that might help with mail getting pushed and the new mail notifications

unitas

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Yahoo doesn't push anymore. It used to be the only push email option. 2.0 software kills the push feature with yahoo mail.

btw, the iPhone has lots of problems but I love it. Why, I don't know. I'm being serious, this is the best device i've ever owned.

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
well I think I solved my problem I signed in on my comp and there were 2 unread emails that never got sent to my phone I deleted them so hopefully I won't have a problem anymore

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
well I think I solved my problem I signed in on my comp and there were 2 unread emails that never got sent to my phone I deleted them so hopefully I won't have a problem anymore
Sorry, but I don't see how that can fix the problem...

barbie

Bronze
Jul 8, 2008
the driver's seat
well, it can't say I have 4 messages, 2 unread when I deleted the 2 unread and I have 2 messages in my inbox on my phone.

I think it does push because sometimes an email alert will pop up on my comp and then I hear the email tone on my phone. It just seems like sometimes it doesn't push. weird.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
well, it can't say I have 4 messages, 2 unread when I deleted the 2 unread and I have 2 messages in my inbox on my phone.

I think it does push because sometimes an email alert will pop up on my comp and then I hear the email tone on my phone. It just seems like sometimes it doesn't push. weird.
You are going to continually have problems with yahoo mail, it's not true push and is not reliable at all. Sometimes it works great, and sometimes it doesn't.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yeah push is very on and off for me. Sometimes ill notice it works. 75% of the time ill notice it doesn't. I really wish it pushed like a blackberry would. It just doesn't.