Email Push: Since upgrade to 2.0 Push Hit or Miss

aviator

Jul 21, 2008
Since upgrade to 2.0 my email push is hit or miss. In other words, sometimes Yahoo account pushes to iPhone, sometimes NOT!

Am I losing my mind here? Before 2.0 upgrade, my Yahoo email account would push yahoo mail to the iPhone and my outlook on the desktop regardless which device retrieved the email first.

Now, after 2.0, sometimes it arrives at the iPhone, sometimes not. It allows arrives at the desktop on Outlook.

Clarification please before I enter the "i am losing my mind category"...
Thanks

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have heard this same response from a few other members here on the forum. I really don't use this feature, but I would say your mind isn't lost.:)

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i'm also having this issue. to be honest, the phone is much less reliable now with 2.0 than before. true, the apps are worth it, and im sure Apple will get it straight, but it is a pain right now.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Since upgrade to 2.0 my email push is hit or miss. In other words, sometimes Yahoo account pushes to iPhone, sometimes NOT!

Am I losing my mind here? Before 2.0 upgrade, my Yahoo email account would push yahoo mail to the iPhone and my outlook on the desktop regardless which device retrieved the email first.

Now, after 2.0, sometimes it arrives at the iPhone, sometimes not. It allows arrives at the desktop on Outlook.

Clarification please before I enter the "i am losing my mind category"...
Thanks

I was having this problem too. I ended up turning this feature off since it wasn't working properly to help preserve my battery life. Hopefully in the next update it will be fixed.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
If it makes you guys feel better...I have ALWAYS had problems with Yahoo push email regardless of the firmware...

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I'm having a similar issue. I just switched back to fetch. One user suggested I go to each of my folders to download all the content. He mentioned that is what fixed it for him. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
i am having the same problem since 2.0

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I just got my 3G phone (was running exchange push on a v1 previously) and setup the account exactly the same way. I'm not having any issues with it right now, works like a charm. I don't know if the problem was in my old phone but at least I know the configuration was correct.

rpj795

Aug 1, 2007
If it makes you guys feel better...I have ALWAYS had problems with Yahoo push email regardless of the firmware...
I too have always had problem with push email regardless of firmware.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Mine changed with 2.0 as well. It will show no new emails but when I check manually I will have new ones. I finally ended up turning Push off.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I was also having problems with Push on my Gmail account. I thought just having IMAP enabled in the Gmail settings menu was enough. I then read a post somewhere in this form (I forgot where). The post stated that you must also choose the selection: Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on. I enabled that setting in Gmail, via my laptop. My Push is now blazing fast. It's amazing to me, how we can learn something new everyday.

Kudos to the forum, another problem solved! Mark:laugh2:

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
I was also having problems with Push on my Gmail account. I thought just having IMAP enabled in the Gmail settings menu was enough. I then read a post somewhere in this form (I forgot where). The post stated that you must also choose the selection: Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on. I enabled that setting in Gmail, via my laptop. My Push is now blazing fast. It's amazing to me, how we can learn something new everyday.

My yahoo mail already has pop enabled.
Any other ideas?
Its odd it that this just stopped working for the most part after 2.0 upgrade.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
My yahoo mail already has pop enabled.
Any other ideas?
Its odd it that this just stopped working for the most part after 2.0 upgrade.
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling your yahoo account on your phone? Maybe that will help. If that fails, try calling AT&T and get them to reprovision your data package. An Apple rep told me, that sometimes solves the problem also...Good Luck, Mark

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
I have tried reinstalling my account on the iPhone manually. But when i do that, the only folder i have then is my "inbox"...no sent, trash, etc.

So, I had to use standard iPhone method of doing my yahoo mail account...no difference. UGH

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007

How do you get push Gmail?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
How do you get push Gmail?
Go to the settings menu in gmail and click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. You can configure your Gmail to be POP/IMAP there. You have to do that on a computer and not the iPhone. You then put the IMAP settings (Which are included in the Gmail settings menu that you just visited) on your iPhone. It's seems harder than it really is to set up. If you need help, PM me and I will give you my messenger address to walk you through it....Mark

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Go to the settings menu in gmail and click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. You can configure your Gmail to be POP/IMAP there. You have to do that on a computer and not the iPhone. You then put the IMAP settings (Which are included in the Gmail settings menu that you just visited) on your iPhone. It's seems harder than it really is to set up. If you need help, PM me and I will give you my messenger address to walk you through it....Mark
PM just sent!

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
I think i might have found a solution. On my iPhone, i have two email accounts...yahoo and mobileme. Both were set to push. I turned the mobileme email portion push off....now im getting yahoo push again so far! yeah!

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
I think i might have found a solution. On my iPhone, i have two email accounts...yahoo and mobileme. Both were set to push. I turned the mobileme email portion push off....now im getting yahoo push again so far! yeah!
never mind...still does not work