Email Redirect Software

tfalsetta

May 10, 2009
I currently have an iPhone & DO NOT have the ability to connect into my companies exchange servers. What I am doing is FORWARDING my
Emails from my laptop (always need to keep the laptop on) to a Gmail account. I then pick these up on my iPhone. The issue is I can only reply to the Gmail email address NOt the originator of the emails. I am looking for tools/utilities to REDIRECT (instead of forward)
emails to the gmail account. A Redirect will preserver the originators email & I can reply directly to it.
I have tried a number of software like ERCFull, SperrySoftware, Outlook Redirect (but my companies servers do not allow an Redirect Rule)....But was not able to get them to work.
Any help/suggestions please...Thanks in advance
Tom Falsetta

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
So your company is not allowing you to connect with the exchange server. Hmmm. There's 3 possibilities with Exchange, you can use Active Sync, IMAP and POP (least desirable of the 3). Do you know if your company is blocking all 3 options?

tfalsetta

May 10, 2009
Activesync

Thanks for the Reply

Can you tell me more about activesync. I did not know you can use this if you do not have access to my companies exchange servers

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Befriend an IT guy in your company...adding POP access isn't very hard for them to do. As papa said, it is the least desirable but it is the cheapest (free) for your company to do.