Email showing up in iMessages

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I was having an issue with setting up an Exchange account in Mail so I did a reset all settings. Now when I send a text message, it's coming up with my email address instead of my name. How do I fix this?

Europe or Napa, could you please change the title to "Email showing up in iMessage"? That is more clear to the purpose of my post. As an aside, I think we should be able to edit the subject of a post. I believe I said something about this before but I can't remember the reason we're not able to.

Last edited:

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
First try turning iMessage off, reboot and turn it back on. If that doesn't work reset network settings.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I was having an issue with setting up an Exchange account in Mail so I did a reset all settings. Now when I send a text message, it's coming up with my email address instead of my name. How do I fix this?

Europe or Napa, could you please change the title to "Email showing up in iMessage"? That is more clear to the purpose of my post. As an aside, I think we should be able to edit the subject of a post. I believe I said something about this before but I can't remember the reason we're not able to.
Since no one from Europe replied, including Napa who's from Europe, I fixed your title. :D