Email syncing problem

srjeffery

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
i'm suddenly having an issue with email constantly attempting to update, but not retreiving new mail. i'm using both push with exchange and izymail for my msn account. neither will update. any one having similar problems?

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
I just got my phone yesterday so my problems have only started but mine hangs while trying to connect to gmail constantly and I have to restart my iPhone to get it to pull my email in. I sat with an Apple tech last night for an hour trying to get my phone to connect to gmail. I also have a very hard time getting Cox.net email to my iPhone but I had no problems on verizon. So far email is not as easy or seamless as Apple has advertised.

srjeffery

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
that's appears to be the problem i'm having as well. i just got mine tues, and it worked fine until last night. if i restart it goes and gets new mail without a problem, but then on hangs up retreiving.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Mine does this too. I have mine to check manually and when I check it, it just says "connecting." I have to restart the phone then it works fine, hopefully the new software will fix this.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
same here on the email issue. I have to restart my phone just to get the email to even start working.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
this happened a few times on my v1, it was always fine within a couple hours tho