Email Takes Forever!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Why does it take sooooo long for email to come through?
My phone is set to automatically check for email every 15 minutes. Once I receive a new email, I click on my email tab and then see it listed on the INBOX screen. I see who it is from, the date/time it was received and even the subject line. But, when I open the email it takes FOREVER to load the actual subject of the message. Even when I have a strong WIFI signal it takes FOREVER. Sometimes these are emails with one or two paragraphs of text in the subject, other times the email is loading an attachment. I have waited upwards of 10 minutes (with and without WIFI) for a basic email (text only) message to load.
Any thoughts? This is extremely frustrating, especially since my Blackberry was able to pull an entire message down immediately for viewing.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
im using yahoo email and i have no problems at all i have the "push email" turned on and ill send a message to it and my phone will notify me instantly and i open it up and its there no delay at all here

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Also, more times then I would like, i can see the time/date the email was received, subject line and first two or three sentences, but then when I click on the email itself there is no subject, just a line that says "Message has not been downloaded from server"