Email, TEXT message sounds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I have not upgraded to the 1.1.1 version because I have my pager forwarded to my phone. When I get paged I have a real sound and long sound file that plays so I can hear it if I'm a sleep or in another room.

I heard you can change the sounds on text and email and so forth. I just want to verify this is correct AND you can change the sounds?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have not upgraded to the 1.1.1 version because I have my pager forwarded to my phone. When I get paged I have a real sound and long sound file that plays so I can hear it if I'm a sleep or in another room.

I heard you can change the sounds on text and email and so forth. I just want to verify this is correct AND you can change the sounds?
You can change the notification sounds for text messages (just go to settings>sounds), but not email that I know of.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
You can change the notification sounds for text messages (just go to settings>sounds), but not email that I know of.
I just went there but i don't see how to change the ring tone for txt or add ne songs as ring tones...i just got my iPhone 1 hr ago btw if it helps loll

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007

The extra sms notifications they have in 1.1.1 are still too short and not loud enough.

Stick with 1.0.2 and a hacked sms message if you need to be able to hear it when you sleep.

I am on call and must be able to hear incoming text messages so this is a must have for me.

My sms message is loud, long and annoying.