Email(Yahoo)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PicMeUp, Aug 20, 2012.

1. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member
    Bronze

Still only have access to my AT&T 3GS, SW 4.2.1 & am unable to purchase apps. Sometimes when I email(Yahoo to doesn't matter) pics, I get a prompt asking me if I want them(pics) to be small, medium, large or actual. Anyway to make this a default setting or ask me EACH time? If more info. is needed, please let me know.

2. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Unfortunately for you no you can not set a default. How often do you send pics that it annoys you so much.
    I find it convenient because sometimes I don't need to send a full resolution picture.
    But do know that this is not carrier or email provider specific. It is in the iPhone's software.

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Not that I want this, I do prefer to pic the size, but do you know if there is a jailbreak tweak to set the default?

4. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

Before someone says you cant use the word jailbreak in this section I'll tell you that I do not KNOW of one for this matter. I have my iPhone at the house but I will check for you, it would be a good tweak. Frankly I wonder if anyone has even thought of that.

5. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member
    Bronze

The prompt does not annoy me, just wondering why it asks, & sometimes it doesn't. Want to make sure the recipient can view them. No "customization" or upgrades have been done on/done to this handset. :)

6. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member
    Bronze

I send pix everyday by text or email...oops.

7. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

You can use that word in this section. Look at the screenshot thread. It's all about jailbreak. ;)

8. {StatuSChecKa}

Silver

You found a loop-hole sir.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The times it doesn't ask you is when the photo you're emailing is from a screenshot you created. If the photo you're emailing was taken with the camera, then it gives you the option to send it at less than full resolution, as those pics can be up to several megapixels in size.

10. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member
    Bronze

No idea if there is a "custom" tweak default or not. Appears to be a situation where the phone is smarter than the user. Oh well, thanks for your help/replies.