email?

sp_dynasty

Aug 6, 2008
so my email is slotcar87@msn.com and i cant get it to set up on my iPhone. i went to other and it just comes up with cannot connect using SSL? and POP acciunt verification failed. what do i do?

-zack

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i believe you can't use msn or hotmail to push to your iPhone. just do what i did and set up a gmail account

sp_dynasty

Aug 6, 2008
really? thats kind of lame. there has to be a way around that... i really don't want to get a new email since ive been using my msn account for years now.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Yeah

I said the same thing when I got my day 1 iPhone. I switched from Hotmail to Gmail and have been happier since. Make the switch, you'll get over it fast.

sp_dynasty

Aug 6, 2008
thats probably true... i just hate making a switch like that but i guess im going to have to

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
really? thats kind of lame. there has to be a way around that... i really don't want to get a new email since ive been using my msn account for years now.
Can you not just forward your msn mail to a gMail account or is that something else msn sucks at? Honestly, I've had gMail since it was in the testing phase when you had to get an invitation to get an account and have been extremely pleased with it.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
Can you not just forward your msn mail to a gMail account or is that something else msn sucks at? Honestly, I've had gMail since it was in the testing phase when you had to get an invitation to get an account and have been extremely pleased with it.
haha me too! ive loved gmail since i was first invited :)

and msn should be able to forward emails...otherwise you should DEFINITELY be switching to gmail anyway :)

sp_dynasty

Aug 6, 2008
so I ended up switching over to gmail.... Thanks for the info tho guys

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
Well sounds to late but... do you have iTunes? I could not get one of my email accounts setup, I synced my phone and told it to sync with the email account and it setup nicely. I just used fetch to get my email every 15 minutes. Seems to be a lot easier on the battery than push.
Tg