Emails not pushing through..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
I've had an issue for awhile whereas my yahoo account will not push to the iPhone. Anyone else having an issue similar to this? I do businesss via email and have missed some important time frames.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yahoo push fails a lot for me. It is a free service, after all... Make sure it doesn't have a customized setting in the advanced fetch settings. Settings -> Mail -> Fetch New Data -> Advanced -> Yahoo account should say Push. If it does not, tap it here and then set it to Push.

Or try deleting the account from the phone and adding it again.

Beyond that, I'd suggest turning on Fetch and setting it to 15 minutes, or moving to a higher class of email if time is of the essense.

I usually have pretty good luck with push from my @me.com email address.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yahoo push fails a lot for me. It is a free service, after all... Make sure it doesn't have a customized setting in the advanced fetch settings. Settings -> Mail -> Fetch New Data -> Advanced -> Yahoo account should say Push. If it does not, tap it here and then set it to Push.

Or try deleting the account from the phone and adding it again.

Beyond that, I'd suggest turning on Fetch and setting it to 15 minutes, or moving to a higher class of email if time is of the essense.

I usually have pretty good luck with push from my @me.com email address.
My @me.com email address is really speedy. The sad thing is I don't use it, I like Google and my privately hosted email.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I have entirely too many email addresses. A work email, an @me.com, an @gmail.com, an @yahoo.com, and one on each of no less than three of my own domains. And I never answer any of it.

Come to think of it, once I set up my gmail as exchange, that started pushing pretty quickly too.

flatbacks21

Bronze
Sep 21, 2010
Ohio
My outlook express email always pushes through without any issue. The sad part is, I've had the yahoo work fine when I first got the phone, only as if lately have I noticed an issue. Upon noticing this issue I opened a gmail account but the only option it gives me is to fetch. We'll see what happens when I delete and reboot the yahoo address.. Thanks to all.