EMERGENCY ios 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iNurse, Sep 20, 2012.

1. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

I attempted twice last night or three times to install iOS 6 OTA... Unknown error wouldn't install ( have latest software update and jailbreak so i know I will lose jailbreak).. today I got home a nd connected to iTunes,,, downloaded iOS to computer then it went to install and "UNKNOWN ERROR" all data gone.. Wants me to restore as new.... OMG

2. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

Just to ask, did you restore from backup before you tried the update? I don't know much about the jail brake , but i remember that you must go back to factory iOS before updating. Also a possible cause of error could be that at the times you are trying to update the server is packed with others trying to update. Well that was the response I got on ios5 from Apple support.
    As far as all your data being gone, if you have backups from before jail brake you should have most of your stuff there. Just not anything from backup till now. Hope this helps some.(y)

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

When did you backup last? If you backed up even after jailbreaking, all your stuff should still be there. I back up OTA every night. And before I attempted to update to iOS 6, and succeeded after two attempts, I backed up everything to iTunes. I will not update OTA. I just don't trust it. You do not have to restore as new. I think you can restore as new and than backup from previous backup, even if you backed up while jailbroken. All my backups were when I was jailbroken and they restored fine, except that it was like 10 pages because of all the folders in folders. lol

4. iNurse

iNurse Contributor
    Silver

Worked after "restored " Thanks!