EMF radiation and your cell phone! IMPORTANT information

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flyingstar, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Using my iPhone.
    Browsing the forum.
    Watching anything on the Disney Channel.

There are many ways I can destroy brain cells.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

4. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

Tree hugger? Because I did some research? (and some thinking) Hmmmmmmmm

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Radiation from mobile phones has been discussed since day one.

The only way it will harm you is if you have direct prolonged contact with the device. Trust me, I work near radiation, I know what I'm talking about.

Summary, unless you have your phone on a call strapped to the side of your face permanently, you have nothing to worry about.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

To be honest, I've seen people walking around all day with their phones plastered to their ears. Aren't smart phones some of the worst offenders out there as far as EMF?

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Don't get me wrong, as technology advances this could become a potential problem. There are loads of ways around it, using accessories for example. Another way of looking at it, these smart phones wouldn't pass strict testing if they could hurt somebody.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That sounds a bit naive, though.

9. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

And you think that the government agency that regulates that is not owened by the telecom industry, just like Monsanto owns the FDA

10. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I couldn't read the text of the article due to some forced registration form popping up over it asking for my email. So, I'll just comment on the topic in general.

There are just as many reports claiming that cell phone radiation will kill us as there are reports claiming that cell phone radiation will not kill us.

People have done far worse things to themselves than cell phone radiation and lived to tell about it. We've been getting bombarded by radio signals, including TV and regular cordless telephones, for much longer than we've had cell phones, and many of them have had much higher transmission power. Truckers to this day still use good ol' CB radios which can use something like 5 times the amount of power that a cell phone can.

I refuse to fall for the scare tactics they're trying to pull.

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Damn, I just ordered one of these...

Image has been removed.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

#11 RoofMonkey, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I wouldn't call it naive, more of a educated understanding.

Do you know how Health and Safety rule our lives, how everything is risk assessed? For example, a bottle of washing up liquid is risk assessed. These phone's would not be allowed if they caused imminent danger or harm. They do have potential, but that potential isn't high enough a risk to cause a problem. Please don't go down the line of conspiracy theories.

Fury, I believe we are both on the same wavelength.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

John, what I'm implying is that I'm sure products and drugs have been "passed" or "approved" that were not good for us.

Thalidomide.

14. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

This is a NEW study just completed that was NOT funded by the telecom industry that is prety conclusive that the cel phones DO cause brain tumbers and other health issues. the reason it has been so unconclusive in the past is that these health problems take up to 10 years to manifest. Well just to be safe I am going to start using my headset a lot more.....

15. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Since this is opinion based, if you or anyone else think's they're going to become ill by using a mobile phone - don't use one.

This EMF Radiation concept has become ridiculous. There is radiation everywhere, data is whizzing round your head as we speak, it's safe. For now. But it has the potential to cause a problem.

Potential being the key word.

This argument has be fought over for the last decade. There is no right or wrong answer, only a logical one.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Wow. I didn't think Flyingstar's thread would be so polarizing or stir up so much emotion.

17. Irish Rose

Irish Rose Zealot

Thalidomide, while not good for pregnant women, did prove to be very effective in treating round one of Muliple Myeloma in someone that I cared about. Sometimes people are too quick to write drugs such as this one off.

#17 Irish Rose, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  18. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Yes, because headsets surely don't emit radiation, right? :eek:k:eek:k

19. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

If I remember correctly, I did a news report on a topic like this. Cell phones also have been proven to make you smarter. The radiation or something, after a short period of time, it increases the glucose in your brain temporarily, thus makes you smarter. Side effects have not been proven, but are possible. I'll try to find the link.

Sent from my iPad 2 using my 9.7 inch iPad 2 on wifi.

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've been a member of this forum since June of 2007. Cell phones do not make you smarter.