Employee plan trouble

Jul 19, 2009
OK I have an employee plan and we are not allowed to have iPhones so I have a blackberry plan sim card. How can I put the blackberry sim into the iPhone and get all the capabilities that is offered with the iPhone without getting into trouble with att or Apple? I am in the USA in Kentucky, I have the 2g iPhone with the 3.0 update and it is jailbroken and unlocked. Is there a way to hide my imei from the man? I just want to use the iPhone with my plan but if not then it is no biggie.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Last I heard, everything will work fine with the iPhone except for visual voicemail.

There are people here with multiple phones who can be more specific than I can.

Jul 19, 2009
Thankz

Thanks for the reply Kokogirl but I put the sim into the iPhone and tried to access the net, youtube, etc but no luck. It told me that it was no cellular network. I don't know if there is some type of settings to put in for the data to be accessed or what.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thanks for the reply Kokogirl but I put the sim into the iPhone and tried to access the net, youtube, etc but no luck. It told me that it was no cellular network. I don't know if there is some type of settings to put in for the data to be accessed or what.
You have to activate the iPhone w/iTunes or it will not work at all. Unless you have an unlocked iPhone.

Jul 19, 2009
You have to activate the iPhone w/iTunes or it will not work at all. Unless you have an unlocked iPhone.

Yeah it is unlocked and jailbroken with the latest update (3.0). I know it can work but I just don't know what to do in order for it to flourish.:(

Jun 14, 2009
You can have an iPhone on your COU, it just has to be the 2G. YOu have to go to the COU website.

Jul 20, 2009
If these settings don't work that were listed above then the iPhone is not unlocked for carrier just jailbroken. 2 Different things.

One other option is to have someone add you to a Dev server. Then download and install OS 3.1 B2 and then you can use your SIM in the iPhone and BB.

Unfortunately there is not a jailbreak for the 3.1. So what is more important is up to you. I decide the 3.1 B2 was more important. I like to have my BB Bold as a back for when my iPhone battery dies. I pop the SIM out put in BB abd away I go. SIM is AT&T BES provisioned.

Only iPhone feature I don't have is Visual Voicemail. I have to call to get them. No provisioning yet for VM on BB. With the release of BB 5.0 they should as that is a new option for that as well

Hope this helps. PM me if you need info or to get your UDID reegistration for the 3.1 B2 software. Thanks.