Enable Video Mirroring and Gestures on iPad 1 (Without Jailbreaking)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've posted this in the iPhone Jailbreak forum because although this doesn't technically jailbreak your iPad it does however require a modified version Redsn0w.

First off you will need to download the modified version of Redsn0w which you can download here for Mac users and here for Windows users.

Once downloaded launch Redsn0w. Connect your iPad 1 via USB. Follow Redsn0w's steps as you normally would, but make sure you uncheck the Install Cydia checkbox - but make sure you do check the Enable multitask gestures box. Let Redsn0w run as it normally would, you will probably find that your iPad will reboot a few times as it applies the new modifications.

Launch Settings-General and you should see the sub-menu for Multitasking Gestures.

Any problems post below and I'll try to help.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
It works great. I had my cousin try it yesterday. While I got gesturing using Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 during the jailbreak I didn't get AirPlay mirroring. So this is a little different.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It works great. I had my cousin try it yesterday. While I got gesturing using Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 during the jailbreak I didn't get AirPlay mirroring. So this is a little different.

I knew the iPad 1 was perfectly capable of mirroring, really impressed with this mod.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I knew the iPad 1 was perfectly capable of mirroring, really impressed with this mod.
I hope the final untethered jailbreak offers both gestures and mirroring. Though I suppose I could jailbreak now using 0.9.9b5.
Have you tried the semi-tethered Cydia tweak?

Oct 25, 2011
Hi,

Does this void the warranty?

I paid £60 for a warranty and I don't really want to lose it! lol

And also, does it work with iPhone 4?

Thanks a million,

Sean

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hi,

Does this void the warranty?

I paid £60 for a warranty and I don't really want to lose it! lol

And also, does it work with iPhone 4?

Thanks a million,

Sean

I haven't tested this with the iPhone 4. I honestly couldn't tell you.

Whenever you jailbreak an iDevice you void your warranty. However, a simple restore through iTunes will reinstate your warranty.

Kevin23

Nov 23, 2011
I haven't tested this with the iPhone 4. I honestly couldn't tell you.

Whenever you jailbreak an iDevice you void your warranty. However, a simple restore through iTunes will reinstate your warranty.

I'm having trouble with the mirroring. The gestures are working fine, but when I double tap and swipe all the way to the right, I do get the air play option but there is no option for mirroring there. I even reinstalled the program to see if that would do it and it did not. Please help!