end/hang-up call

Aug 2, 2007
Hi. I'm constantly forgetting to press "end call" on the iPhone. What happens if I never "hang up"? Will that call stay open forever or does it eventually time-out and hang up by itself? If it does, how long does it take?:cool:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
think it just ends the call.. why not call your iPhone from another phone and try it out yourself.. Pretty easy ehh... :)

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I just find it easier to press the lock button on top to hang up, unless youre on speaker or earphones..... then I just press the button on the headphones...

Aug 2, 2007
Yeah, see . . .

That's a good tip. I usually press the "home" button out of habit and it doesn't hang up just goes to the "home screen"-then I've got to go back to the phone and hang up.

Anyway, I'm out in the boonies and I have no ATT service 'till I get out of the house and it makes it difficult to phone my iPhone. I did manage this today and noticed that the connection does end itself after about 30 seconds or so. I'm on the ATT go-phone plan paying 15 cents per minute so I didn't want to keep an open connection for very long. If I forget to hang up I can live with 7.5 cents penalty ;)

Thanks for the thoughts.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm on the ATT go-phone plan paying 15 cents per minute so I didn't want to keep an open connection for very long. If I forget to hang up I can live with 7.5 cents penalty ;)

Thanks for the thoughts.
Sorry to bum you out with this, but like nearly all wireless carriers, there is no such thing as "half minutes". You can have a call that is 3 minutes and 1 second. Guess what? it was billed as 4 minutes. So regardless, it's a 15 Cent penalty for each additional minute. Learn to remember to use the end key.

Aug 2, 2007
Yeah, you're right . . .

of course. I forgot about that.
Ahh well, it's not like I'll use up all those credits anyway. I found out the other day that if I change plans on that phone . . . guess what . . . I lose all the credits. If I don't use them within a year . . . guess what . . . I lose all the credits. I think I've got 160 bucks on that account that will just "go away" anyhow next June (or whatever the iPhone anniversary is).

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Verizon bills in 6 second increments...That's the only thing I miss from Verizon