Enjoy Android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Europa, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's apparent that many of you are disappointed with the iPhone 4S. I understand that the same design and screen size is a deal breaker for you. But let's stick to the facts and consider the options here. This is not a minor update. There are some significant improvements and upgrades and downplaying them or denying that they exist isn't really fair. I think most people would have been happy with the specs if the phone also had a bigger screen and new design. Apple decided to retain the current form factor and 3.5" screen and incessantly complaining about it will not make an iPhone with a bigger screen magically appear.

I know that it needed a bigger screen to satisfy you, but do you really dislike the design? This is the same design that most people loved last year. Why change something that works and looks good when you don't have to? The specs are what really matters and it's not like it looks bad. The Droids kept a similar design in their updates and people didn't mock it. Ask yourself why you really needed it to be redesigned. Is it so it will immediately be flagged as the latest iPhone and people who see it won't assume it's just an old iPhone 4?

If you are let down and don't want it, why not just move on and get an Android device that suits your needs? It's okay if you don't want to get an iPhone 4S. Really, we understand that it won't suit your needs. You don't need to justify your choice to us or explain why you don't want an iPhone. We are well aware of the reasons. We don't want to try to control which phone you choose. Please don't make it your mission to talk us out of upgrading, convert us to Android and rain on our parade. And if that's not what you're trying to accomplish, what are your intentions or motives?

Many of us are happy with the specs and will upgrade. Labeling us as iSheep is immature and belittling. Making the decision to switch to Android but continuing to post derisively negative comments here is like breaking up with a girl and then repeatedly texting her to tell her what a disappointment she was. We get it. It really doesn't need to be reworded and repeated over and over. Get over it.

2. Torinate

Torinate Member
    Bronze

Well said.

However, I think people voicing their opinions on a public forum is ok. It will also serve purpose of letting Apple know what they want from their device.

Maybe the upgrades are fantastic under the hood. Significant even. But in the words of a few reviews I've heard on the radio and tv, "lackluster, missed an opportunity, same as before with a few tweaks..."

I agree 100% though with your assessment; it may not fit with each individuals needs anymore.

3. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member
    Bronze

I probably will not upgrade this go around but no way I'm changing to Android. I love the iPhone 4 and iOS. I don't even need to jailbreak to be happy. And besides I can't upgrade until 10/2012.

Still I think people have a right to state their disappointment. I agree on the sheep thing; of course went I said it I was being tongue-n-cheek to break up the mood.

To those that plan to get the 4S, enjoy.

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Folks just need to stop treating their opinions as cold hard facts and realize we all walk to the beat of different drummers.

5. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Sounds like this is a job for ... nananananananananana OfficialMan.

Lets get an 'Officially Totally Heartbrokenly Disappointed and Pissed at the iPhone 4S' thread going.

6. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Most of the mainstreams news reports I have seen so far make antenna-gate look minor. In the grand scheme of things it was minor. But this time IDK. I was hoping Tim Cook to come out of the gate swinging for the fence. On top of that I'm not sure iCloud is ready for prime time--assuming there even IS a prime-time audience for it. Apple still cannot let me use my mobile me email account for iCloud. Excuse me, Apple, for having an Apple ID before I subscribed to Mobile Me. I think they should have attended to those of us who paid and supported Mobile Me a little better than "we are working on it" months after it went into beta and weeks away from release.

So while I am not ready to jump on the Android bandwagon just yet, I am likewise not all that thrilled with Apple right now. It's hard to go from an iPad to an iPhone 4 and not wish for a larger screen on the iPhone.

Michael

7. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

It's just a phone. Go with what works for you and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

8. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

To you maybe. Certainly not to me.

Michael

9. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I don't feel hugely disappointed or let down by yesterday's announcements, though I don't feel super excited either. But I do share the skepticism about iCloud. I have zero plans to drop Dropbox or change the way I rely on it, and MobileMe has always been epically bad as far as I'm concerned. So they have a lot to prove with iCloud.

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Say no to iSheep!

[​IMG]

11. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Is that why the sheep avatar?
    genius (y)

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's a sheep-hippo.

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Translated in Italian "Chippo"

15. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

In English, shippo.

16. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

In Sicilian dialect "beaten"

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Was it this bad when Apple went from the 3G to the 3GS? Just wondering.

18. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

No. The 3GS was welcomed with open arms.

I've slept on it and even I've come round to the iPhone 4S. It's a good upgrade, but it could have done with a screen size increase, IMO.

19. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Are you kidding? That's not how I remember it. The parallels between then and now are striking. The only difference is no one expected a larger screen then.

20. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

I almost feel as if this thread has been directed at me. If so, I understand. And let me apologize. I just feel strongly about the fact that I know Apple could have given us more. Without a doubt. I'm trying my best not to keep ranting about this, but I'm pissed. To the highest point of pisstivity. I mainly wanted a larger screen. At least 3.7. They could have fit that into the package we have now. Easily. I just held in my hands an original iPhone. It's a work of art to me still. More comfortable to hold. I was hoping that Apple would go back to the beautiful form factor they had. I was so hoping for this:

That my friends, is something to drool over. I'll try to refrain from my ranting...but it's hard...so bare with me

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

#20 Ltzguy, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013