Enter passcode after restart

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
So I just did a hard restart on my 5s and once it restarted I had to enter my passcode to open the phone. It would not accept my fingerprint after a reset.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Or something to be fixed in 7.0.3. :D
I don't know, instead of "Try again" it says "Enter Passcode after restart". With the message there, it seems intentional, I just don't see the point. I don't see where it is a security feature, what are the chances someone steals your phone and restarts it?

It also does it on a normal restart.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Also, I'm not complaining, it's a simple enough thing to enter my passcode, I just don't understand why they did it.

If they want a security feature to discourage people from stealing the iPhone...put some extra batteries in it, and make all metal parts a transmitter for electric shock every time the home or power button is pressed and an option to activate the feature in "find my iPhone". Nothing deadly...just VERY painful. Or one of those dye packs like the banks have, tear gas and marking dye, that's the ticket.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
It also requires it after a simple reboot and 48 hours of non-use. The passcode is more secure.
I'm still voting for dye packs, tear gas and electric shock. Make people scared to touch an iPhone that isn't theirs and you don't even need a passcode. :D

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
It also requires it after a simple reboot and 48 hours of non-use. The passcode is more secure.
With all the hoopla about spoofing fingerprints (although you'd have to be a CSI tech to do it) and the obligatory blog posts about "Oh,noes, teh Apple fingerprint security is teh cracked!1!" I'd expect nothing less than to require the code instead.