Enter Subsidy Password?

Jul 21, 2007
Hello, I'm about to send my iPhone away for repairs, as it began having problems yesterday, and I am trying to use my old Razr phone with my sim card, and it says "enter subsidy password", does anyone know what this means, and how the password can (if it can) be acquired. Thanks so much.

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Hello, I'm about to send my iPhone away for repairs, as it began having problems yesterday, and I am trying to use my old Razr phone with my sim card, and it says "enter subsidy password", does anyone know what this means, and how the password can (if it can) be acquired. Thanks so much.

It means that your razr is not unlocked...call your provider for an unlock code.

Jul 21, 2007
Do I call Motorola, T-Mobile, or AT&T? I'm assuming T-Mobile?

Jul 21, 2007
Well my carrier is AT&T of course for my phone. But my motorola razr is from t-mobile. Sorry for not getting it, I'm slow when it comes to these things.

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Well my carrier is AT&T of course for my phone. But my motorola razr is from t-mobile. Sorry for not getting it, I'm slow when it comes to these things.

No worries, Spartan! Call AT&T they may be able to help you out.

Jul 21, 2007
Sorry again, so AT&T can help me unlock my T-Mobile Motorola Razr? I would have thought T-Mobile would have that power so I could use another sim card from another company in it? no?

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Sorry again, so AT&T can help me unlock my T-Mobile Motorola Razr? I would have thought T-Mobile would have that power so I could use another sim card from another company in it? no?

They both could....since you're an AT&T customer, try them first.