Epic 1.1.2 Story

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
ok so here goes my series of unfortunate events

Get Brilliant Idea to update my 1.1.1 jailbroken phone to 1.1.2

Installed Oktoprep

Ran Update

Ran JailBreak

Installed all my 3rd Party apps again

thought id take a screenshot using iFuntastic

Ran IFuntastic and tried to install iFuntastic Support on my Phone

Had no choice but to Restore

Restored

Tried to Downgrade got an Error 5 times

Gave Up and Restored back to 1.1.2

Writing this post hoping they came up with a way to jailbreak for 1.1.2 that doesn't require Oktoprep that i didn't find in my search

HELP

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
I don't understand, you're blaming Oktoprep because although it did its job perfectly, you decided to use iFuntastic and that's what screwed up your iPhone? I don't get your logic.

Install Oktoprep, update to 1.1.2, Jailbreak. Install your 3rd party apps and DON'T RUN iFuntastic. How's that?

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
ok so here goes my series of unfortunate events

Get Brilliant Idea to update my 1.1.1 jailbroken phone to 1.1.2

Installed Oktoprep

Ran Update

Ran JailBreak

Installed all my 3rd Party apps again

thought id take a screenshot using iFuntastic

Ran IFuntastic and tried to install iFuntastic Support on my Phone

Had no choice but to Restore

Restored

Tried to Downgrade got an Error 5 times

Gave Up and Restored back to 1.1.1

Writing this post hoping they came up with a way to jailbreak for 1.1.2 that doesn't require Oktoprep that i didn't find in my search

HELP
Do everything you did right, forget about iFuntastic for now, and install Dock for the screenshot app.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
I don't understand, you're blaming Oktoprep because although it did its job perfectly, you decided to use iFuntastic and that's what screwed up your iPhone? I don't get your logic.

Install Oktoprep, update to 1.1.2, Jailbreak. Install your 3rd party apps and DON'T RUN iFuntastic. How's that?
oktoprep had nothing to do with it i didn't say it did the only problem is i cant downgrade in order to install oktoprep therfore its rendered useless to me

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
oktoprep had nothing to do with it i didn't say it did the only problem is i cant downgrade in order to install oktoprep therfore its rendered useless to me
If you restored back to 1.1.1 you should be able to start the whole process over, no? Just do everything the same again except leave out ifuntastic.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
The Process (1.1.2 without OktoPrep and 1.1.2 Brand New OTB):

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware 1.1.2 and did not install OktoPrep when on 1.1.1. You will need all of the downloads provided above, please download them now. Enter recovery mode on your iPhone by holding the power and home buttons until the "connect to iTunes" picture appeared. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, shift-click on "Restore" and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware. Allow iTunes to downgrade your 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1. When finished iTunes should give you error #1015.

Step 2: If you are on this step, you downgraded your iPhone to 1.1.1 and got error #1015. Open iBrickr and it should give you the option to boot the phone or to "Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2". Click on Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2 and follow the instructions provided (instead of going to the iBrickr folder for 1.0.2.ipsw, go to where you manually downloaded the firmware). After following iBrickr's instructions, activate your 1.0.2 iPhone with iTunes.

Step 3: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2. Open iBrickr and click on Applications. Install PXL using iBrickr's instructions and install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH (in that order).

Step 4: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with OpenSSH installed. Open winscp405.exe (referred to as WinSCP from now on). For Host Name: Enter your current wifi IP address on my iPhone (check this by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > and clicking the blue arrow next to your SSID), Port number: 22, User Name: root, Password: dottie, Private key file: Leave blank, file protocol: SCP. Hit Save... and save the profile as iPhone (Hit yes if it asks you if you're sure you want to save a password). Now double-click on your new iPhone profile and allow up to a minute for your Host Keys to be generated (click yes when it asks you if you want to allow the Host Keys to be generated).

Step 5: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and should be attached to your iPhone through WinSCP. Navigate to the /usr/bin folder on your iPhone and drag and drop the following folders from the Downgrade Pack to the /usr/bin folder on the iPhone:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
ICE03.14.08_G.fls
iEraser
bbupdater
secpack
secpack.bin

After the transfer completes, exit out of WinSCP.

Step 6: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with extra files in the usr/bin directory. Double-click on Putty.exe and use the same settings and password you used in WinSCP to login. (NOTE: when you type in the password, nothing will appear. Just type normally and hit enter when you are done typing dottie and everything will be fine). Type in the following hitting enter after each line:

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

exit (without this you will still be in launchctl and it will not recognize the command cd)

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v

The last command issued returned "baseband unresponsive to pinging". THIS IS GOOD! Now type in the following and hit enter:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (the _'s are spaces: bbupdater_-f_*.fls_-e_*.eep)

After this process ends, backspace the text "PuTTy" that was left behind and issue this command:

bbupdater -v

This returns a slew of data which (roughly translated) means...SUCCESS!

Step 7: f you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and have flashed the baseband. Back in iTunes, shift-click "Update" and navigate to your 1.1.1 firmware. Allow iTunes to update your iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and then activate your iPhone using iTunes.

Step 8: f you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.1. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone. Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 9: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds). Activate your iPhone through iTunes.

Step 10: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And Voila! JAILBROKEN

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/sho...ight=downgrade

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
hmmm why woul;d you need to go all the way back down... don't really have to fix the baseband if your going back to 1.1.2 eventually...
cant you restore to 1.1.1.. use wifi to get to jailbreakme.com... jailbreak... install Oktoprep... then update again to 1.1.2?
seems easier if that method would work.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
hmmm why woul;d you need to go all the way back down... don't really have to fix the baseband if your going back to 1.1.2 eventually...
cant you restore to 1.1.1.. use wifi to get to jailbreakme.com... jailbreak... install Oktoprep... then update again to 1.1.2?
seems easier if that method would work.
Apparently when you downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1, your phone is stuck in DFU mode. To get out of it, run either AppTapp (if on Windows) or Independence (if you're on a Mac). Like faseone mentions, you won't have cell service (since the baseband has changed), but you can use your wifi to get to jailbreakme.com, install the Oktoprep, update to 1.1.2, etc.

reas0n, if you try it, please let us know if this works.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
i might actually try this when i get home considering i deleted fieldtest and demo app and my phone has been telling me to delete pictures cause im running low on storage i have hardly anything on the phone almost 6gigs free..
first im gonna try to shift click update... ill let ya know'

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Ok so heres the status..
I shift click update to try a fesh 1.1.2 that worked no prob... ran the jailbreak ran fine... but no installer.... damn!

shift click restore... chose 1.1.1 restored to 1.1.1 but errored at the end and remained on restore mode... used ibrikr to boot the phone... connected to iTunes and didn't sync... connected my wifi... went to jailbreakme.com and jailbroke... great installer back!
now i just installed Oktoprep and I'm trying to update will keep you posted.

EDIT1: Update was successful along with activation.... rejailbreaking....

EDIT2: SUCCESSSSSS! back at 1.1.2 with installer!

so i don't know why other guides have you going all the way back to 1.0.2 this way worked perfect...

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Ok so heres the status..
I shift click update to try a fesh 1.1.2 that worked no prob... ran the jailbreak ran fine... but no installer.... damn!

shift click restore... chose 1.1.1 restored to 1.1.1 but errored at the end and remained on restore mode... used ibrikr to boot the phone... connected to iTunes and didn't sync... connected my wifi... went to jailbreakme.com and jailbroke... great installer back!
now i just installed Oktoprep and I'm trying to update will keep you posted.

EDIT1: Update was successful along with activation.... rejailbreaking....
Nice! Can you explain how you used iBrickr exactly to get out of restore mode? Did you just run ibrickr.exe and that was it? I'd like to add a quick write up to post along with the jailbreak instructions, so any info would be of great help.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Nice! Can you explain how you used iBrickr exactly to get out of restore mode? Did you just run ibrickr.exe and that was it? I'd like to add a quick write up to post along with the jailbreak instructions, so any info would be of great help.
Ok so i guess ill add what i missed
after the restore to 1.1.1 i was stuck in restore...
I ran Ibrikr.exe and it recognized my phone in restore mode and gave me 2 options 1. Boot the phone and 2. restore to 1.0.2
I chose 1. Got a red screen which was normal and soon at activation...
I connected to iTunes and was asked to restore from a backup or do as a new phone... I chose new phone and didn't sync anything... I wasn't activated but was able to see all my icons and chose settings and connected to wifi...
went to jailbreakme.com and installed.... went to tweaks and installed Oktoprep and made sure to exit out before updated so the springboard can reset to make sure the Oktoprep took... I didn't REBOOT... I just hit home and saw the symbol like it was resetting... u know the circle thingy lol...
then updated..

I'm not good at manuals but I'll help with anything you need

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Ok so i guess ill add what i missed
after the restore to 1.1.1 i was stuck in restore...
I ran Ibrikr.exe and it recognized my phone in restore mode and gave me 2 options 1. Boot the phone and 2. restore to 1.0.2
I chose 1. Got a red screen which was normal and soon at activation...
I connected to iTunes and was asked to restore from a backup or do as a new phone... I chose new phone and didn't sync anything... I wasn't activated but was able to see all my icons and chose settings and connected to wifi...
went to jailbreakme.com and installed.... went to tweaks and installed Oktoprep and made sure to exit out before updated so the springboard can reset to make sure the Oktoprep took... I didn't REBOOT... I just hit home and saw the symbol like it was resetting... u know the circle thingy lol...
then updated..

I'm not good at manuals but I'll help with anything you need
Thanks! Now I assume you could have also chosen "restore from a backup" as opposed to "new phone"? I was under the assumption that if you chose "new phone", you'd have to input your AT&T info/SSN and your contract would be extended again. (I accidentally did that to a replacement phone I received).

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
Well I'm completely new to all of this and I was wondering if maybe you guys could help me figure out how to get the 1.1.1 update and maybe give me a link because I have no idea what to do when it comes to this stuff.

iCreep.