Erase Phone

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
How do I restore my phone to nothing, back to square one, this is the 1st Gen iPhone.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
How do I restore my phone to nothing, back to square one, this is the 1st Gen iPhone.
Hook it to iTunes wait until iTunes sees your phone. You then click the restore button. You will be asked if you want to restore to back up or New phone. Choose New phone and it will be returned to factory state...Mark

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
Hook it to iTunes wait until iTunes sees your phone. You then click the restore button. You will be asked if you want to restore to back up or New phone. Choose New phone and it will be returned to factory state...Mark

See and thats what I had thought but I don't get an option. I will have to try again but, I am pretty sure that it will not let me.

See and thats what I had thought but I don't get an option. I will have to try again but, I am pretty sure that it will not let me.
It should do it right after the iPhone finishes the restore and reboots. Right after it comes back up, it should go through the "Setup your iPhone" screens and ask you if you want to restore from "Your iPhone's Backup - 00/00/00" or set up as new.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
theres also a delete everything option somewhere in the settings tab .