Error 1602, can't upgrade back to 1.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 14, 2007
I have a 1.1.2otb and have trying for days to jailbreak it. Followed the instructions to the tee, but when I finally connect to iTunes to upgrade back to 1.1.2, everytime I get an error 1602 and the iPhone is stuck in recovery mode. If I could use the phone in 1.1.1, I'd stay there, but it won't activate. I've followed Apple's advice and removed iTunes, ipod, quicktime, and every helper, updater program, emptied the files and restarted. Reinstalled iTunes and the problem still happens. Anyone got any advice (btw PC user).

Ananse

Sep 27, 2007
Have successfuly upgraded many phones from new 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and unlocked. However have encountered 2 which for some reason did not unlock. After trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 so I can reload oktoprep and try again I find that for some reason I cannot get past the activation screen. jailbreakme.com only seems to work after many tries and then although it appears to be rebooting it gets stuck on the startup screen with the Apple. Tried restoring 1.1.1 all over again but still arrive at the same point. Would appreciate any ideas....

Ananse

Sep 27, 2007
read my post at for 1.1.2 unlock if your coming from something besides a 1.1.2 otb http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/upgrade-1-0-2-or-1-1-1-to-1-1-2-unlocked.16517/
Thanks. Have performed those steps many times successfuly but am presently having problems i haven't encountered before. After a failed upgrade to 1.1.2 & downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbreakme fails so I cannot load oktoprep. Have tried downgrading further to 1.0.2 but keep getting an error message from iTunes saying the phone could not be restored due to an unknown error. So now seem to be stuck.... Any idea why the 1.0.2 restore is failing to start?

Last edited by a moderator: