Error 3259

1. dobymax

dobymax Member Bronze

Ever since I dl'd the newest version of iTunes, I get the error 3259 and it says my network has timed out. Is this an Apple problem or do I have something set wrong? Please help!

2. Neo-Tech

Neo-Tech Member Bronze

Where do you get this error in iTunes? When do you get it, what did you do to reproduce it.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. PepeRB29

PepeRB29 New Member

i'm assuming you got it in iTunes.

google is your friend.
    iPod Touch Fans (iPhones too) reports this as a possible fix. Apparently this error simply means that the download 'timed out'.

Error 3259
    Error 3259 occurs when attempting to download Firmware 2.0 for iPhone and iPod touch. To resolve this error from occurring, try unchecking "Allow simultaneous downloads" under the Downloads tab on the left hand side of iTunes.

Alternatively, one user reported that downloading it on a wired connection remedied this issue. Makes sense I guess, but it's hard for me to believe he could have gotten a wireless dropout everytime he attempted to download it. Either way, something is just cutting your download short. If I were you, I would make sure nothing else on my network was using any bandwidth. Close other apps that might be pulling on the downstream and make sure nothing else is downloading in iTunes. Let us know how it goes

5. dobymax

dobymax Member Bronze

I will give it a try tonight. I get the error when I am trying to dl 2.2.1. It works for about 2 min. and then I get the error.

6. dobymax

dobymax Member Bronze

Hey guys, I have forgotten about you. I've been working my second job and haven't had the time to test it yet, but I will.

I have one question. I'm looking for something that will notify me when I get a message or a text from work, but it will keep reminding me until I resposnd to it. It there such a thing with the iPhone or a Blackberry?

Thanks.

7. Neo-Tech

Neo-Tech Member Bronze

StatusNotifier should do the trick, just make sure you configure it from the icon on the SpringBoard after installation.

8. dobymax

dobymax Member Bronze

Thanks, I'll check it out.

9. dobymax

dobymax Member Bronze

StatusNotifier works fine, but I have one problem. The volume. Is there any way to make it louder?

10. Neo-Tech

Neo-Tech Member Bronze

Sorry for lateness but forgot about this thread. Yeah, just change as you wish in the StatusNotifier App and make sure Ringer is loud