Error (5) when restoring to 1.1.4

sulysoul71

Dec 11, 2007
Hi everybody. I got this problem which I searched for answers through many forums, but I couldn't find an answer for it. I have an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone with firmware 1.1.1 which is working flawlessly, so when I read that upadating firmware to 1.1.4 unlocking and jailbreaking it was so easy using ziPhone I couldn't hold myself from trying. So I downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware and rebooted my iPhone in recovery mode, then using iTunes 7.6.1 I pressed the restore button while pressing on the shift key to search for the 1.1.4 file stored on my laptop. After choosing the right firmware it started restoring suddenly this message comes up " the iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (5)". I do the same steps to return to firmware 1.1.1 and then using ziPhone 2.5 without any problems. So guys what should I do, its really pissing me off. Should I download the firmware 1.1.4 again or am I doing something wrong here. Really confused guys. Appreciate all the help I can get.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
to restore to 1.1.4, you don't need to hold down shift and choose it - just press restore.

then, use ZiPhone, and make sure you have USB 2.0 ports.