Error message: no iPhone connecton detected, please make sure iPhone is docked

sohigh

Feb 16, 2008
something is really wrong with my phone. i used to send ringtones to my phone all the time using iPhone ringtone maker without any issues and now everytime i try it says no iPhone connecton detected, please make sure iPhone is docked. also when i try and log in using wincp, connection denied. any idea what went wrong. your opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
something is really wrong with my phone. i used to send ringtones to my phone all the time using iPhone ringtone maker without any issues and now everytime i try it says no iPhone connecton detected, please make sure iPhone is docked. also when i try and log in using wincp, connection denied. any idea what went wrong. your opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks.
Have you installed the latest version of ringtonemaker? Also, if you can't log in with winscp, maybe your static i.p has changed. They do sometimes, so recheck your iPhone's i.p. address.

sohigh

Feb 16, 2008
yes, have installed the latest version. have checked the IP over a million times to make sure its correct yet problem still persists. my phone was 1.12 otb and i had it unlocked and upgraded to 1.13 to work in canada. if i go to iTunes, choose the restore option, let the phone restore then use ziPhone and use the do it all fucntion, will this return my pphone to the original form. I have downloaded the 1.13 firmware so it is good to go, i just wanna make sure this is how the process is?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Yup that should do it, sohigh. Just make sure that when you do restore that you chose to set up as new phone instead of restoring from backup. Of course this means you need to make sure you have all of your contacts and data backed up on you PC first so you don't lose them.

sohigh

Feb 16, 2008
just another question, should my sim be in the phone while i am doing all this restoring and unlocking or not? also once ziPhone is done, how do i go about installing "installer" so that i can get updates and programs and what not?
thanks again for replies.

sohigh

Feb 16, 2008
even worse now, ziPhone wont even detect the phone?

sohigh

Feb 16, 2008
iTunes detects it but before i pressed restore, i choose the prepare for jailbreak option on ziPhone and it had no luck of finding the phone. is my phone really screwed up or is the dock jammed or is this something that happens on r regular basis? i cant connect to anything except i tunes...should i just restore via iPhone and hope that ziPhone will detect it after its been restored or is that i bad idea?

sohigh

Feb 16, 2008
ok, i put the phone into recovery mode and ziPhone hads some luck of finding it however the install is a weird process. i restored the phone via iTunes bu putting the phone in dfu mode first. once that was done, i had to put the phone in recovery mode again so ziPhone could detedct it. ziPhone did its thing but hangs at the end forever. so after 15 mins, i disconnect and restart the phone, it is unlocked and activated but no installer icon so assuming wasn't jailbroking. to make it worse, i still cant connect to ibrickr, ringtone maker, winpwn, wincp etc. my phone has stopped communicating with everything except iTunes, please any help would be so appreciate it, getting really scared now

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
ok, i put the phone into recovery mode and ziPhone hads some luck of finding it however the install is a weird process. i restored the phone via iTunes bu putting the phone in dfu mode first. once that was done, i had to put the phone in recovery mode again so ziPhone could detedct it. ziPhone did its thing but hangs at the end forever. so after 15 mins, i disconnect and restart the phone, it is unlocked and activated but no installer icon so assuming wasn't jailbroking. to make it worse, i still cant connect to ibrickr, ringtone maker, winpwn, wincp etc. my phone has stopped communicating with everything except iTunes, please any help would be so appreciate it, getting really scared now
I would just try it again. I've heard of some people who have had to restore/jailbreak more than once to get it to work. Good luck!

sohigh

Feb 16, 2008
i have done it 5 times now, still think i shoul keep trying? do you think its possible that my iPhone connection slot is damaged on the phone? and unlike before, when i plug my phone in now, it vibrates twice as if it connected and disconnected immediately.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
First, read the first post in this thread in its entirety: http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...look-here-before-you-post-a-new-thread.21517/

DFU restore your phone (yes again) to 1.1.3. However, I would suggest upgrading to 1.1.4

When iTunes asks you, choose "set up as a new phone"

Then..

If you don't mind, write down each step you're taking as you jailbreak (in detail) and post them here. It will be a lot easier to pinpoint where things are going wrong if we have more information to work with.