ERROR on ZiPhone

zackattack

May 9, 2008
I have an ipod touch, just bought it, I tried jailbreaking it and it came up with a long list of "bsd root: md0, major2, minor 0" What does this mean, it won't go back to home screen and it won't detect in iTunes? I called Apple and they said I can't restore it anyway, is there a reversal or some third party download to restore it. HELP PLEASE!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
hold home and power till phone shuts off then release power and while still holding home plug into pc. Continue to hold home until plug into iTunes image appears on scream then release and let it do its thing.

May 8, 2008
I know exaclty what to do.

If iTunes detects your iPod, but doesn't recognize it, this is for you.

Unplug the iPod, and turn it off. When mine had the BSD message appear on it, to turn it off I had to hold down the Power and Home buttons at the same time. Once the screen is off, hold down the Home button, and plug the iPod into the computer. iTunes should now recongize it, and you should be able to resotre it from there.

Good luck, hope it works for you, worked like a charm for me.

May 8, 2008
Also:

Those bozos at Apple probably know exaclty what to do in this situation. But they're not supposed to, because technically, you're going against their software. Something similar happened to me:

You know how music downloaded from the iTunes store has DRM protection on it so it can't be used with other devices? Well, when I called Apple to ask if the music would work on my PSP, they said there was no way to do it. In fact, now that I know more about it, there are actually a few ways to do it, and I've done it many times.